Author Topic: Duplicate Email Notifications  (Read 1005 times)

Offline BoroCall

• Former:NYCRelief,Recovery,Support & counties
Duplicate Email Notifications
« on: February 26, 2019, 09:27:00 PM »
Does anyone else get duplicate email notifications, with one of the links being no good?

Nycfire.net

Duplicate Email Notifications
« on: February 26, 2019, 09:27:00 PM »

Offline manhattan

Re: Duplicate Email Notifications
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 10:32:04 PM »
If you mean from this site, no - no problems at all (yet).

Offline BoroCall

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 07:40:44 PM »

Yes, in my emails, periodically I've been getting two notifications for the same job. One notification takes me to a NYCFirenet page that says I don't have permission, and another notification takes me to the correct page.  The two notifications are for the same job, but with slightly different subject info (box# missing, type of incident).

Offline FDNY793727

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 07:45:17 PM »

Yes, in my emails, periodically I've been getting two notifications for the same job. One notification takes me to a NYCFirenet page that says I don't have permission, and another notification takes me to the correct page.  The two notifications are for the same job, but with slightly different subject info (box# missing, type of incident).
Iím pretty sure thatís when 2 people post the same job at nearly the same time. Then whoever posted second deletes theirs. Since itís different people posting, thatís why the subjects are slightly different.

Offline BoroCall

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 12:25:04 AM »

Iím pretty sure thatís when 2 people post the same job at nearly the same time. Then whoever posted second deletes theirs. Since itís different people posting, thatís why the subjects are slightly different.

But, then why would I get a page saying I don't have permission - instead of getting a page saying - deleted by poster?

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 08:12:08 AM »
 BoroCall, I'm going to mention this to Lt Tommy B., along with the other issue presented by "memory master" of the log in issue. Maybe he can help resolve them.

Offline FDNY793727

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 09:35:38 AM »
But, then why would I get a page saying I don't have permission - instead of getting a page saying - deleted by poster?
When it happens to me, it tells me that either itís off limits or that the topic is missing, which I think includes being deleted. This is the message I get, is this what youíre getting?  ďThe topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.Ē

Offline manhattan

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 10:08:03 PM »
I get that same message every so often.

Offline BoroCall

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 11:10:07 PM »
When it happens to me, it tells me that either itís off limits or that the topic is missing, which I think includes being deleted. This is the message I get, is this what youíre getting?  ďThe topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.Ē

Yes, that is it!

Offline BoroCall

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 11:12:47 PM »
BoroCall, I'm going to mention this to Lt Tommy B., along with the other issue presented by "memory master" of the log in issue. Maybe he can help resolve them.

Ok, many thanks.  It's a periodic/intermittent problem, but it's not limited to anyone boro notifications.

Offline manhattan

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 11:14:26 PM »

Yes, that is it!

Same message I get.

Offline BoroCall

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2019, 11:15:55 PM »

I've also had the log-in issue, in fact when I came on tonight I had to log-in.  I use Firefox and I have my log-in saved (supposedly)

Offline BoroCall

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2019, 11:17:01 PM »

Yes, that is it!

Same message I get.

I get the Off Limits.

anything