Author Topic: SQUAD RESPONSE IN THE 5 BOROUGHS  (Read 917 times)

Offline tperez102

SQUAD RESPONSE IN THE 5 BOROUGHS
« on: September 11, 2019, 07:20:42 PM »
Trying to come up with stats for the last two years for squad response in the 5 Boroughs . Trying to justify bringing on Squad 8 on a term paper. Is there somewhere i can see these stats citywide?   

Nycfire.net

SQUAD RESPONSE IN THE 5 BOROUGHS
« on: September 11, 2019, 07:20:42 PM »

Offline kidfrmqns

Re: SQUAD RESPONSE IN THE 5 BOROUGHS
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 07:49:15 AM »
I'm not sure where you would find the info on where they ran, but I'm interested to see the change in Squad 1's numbers. If you look at December alone Squad 8 did 120 runs. Some obviously were engine runs but lets just say that 70 were Squad runs. That means that Squad 1's numbers will be cut by over 800 runs. I wonder if they'll do some Squad "realignment" in the future.

Offline In2theJob

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 09:19:12 AM »
You can check the run numbers here. It will not have Squad 8 on it yet though.

http://www.fdnewyork.com/rnwindex.asp

Offline tperez102

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 10:17:02 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the info. The point of my paper was just that , show that Squads from Brooklyn are now available because they stay in the borough. Thanks

Offline Lebby

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 12:31:59 PM »
I don't think it was the number of runs on SI which necessitated SQ8, but instead the response times. The citizens of SI should have the same resources coming in the same amount of time as a citizen in any other borough.

Offline fdhistorian

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 01:28:43 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the info. The point of my paper was just that , show that Squads from Brooklyn are now available because they stay in the borough. Thanks

Response times are influenced by both travel distance and availability.
Squad 8 reduced travel distance (closer by being in SI) and improved availability (as an additional new squad company in SI).
Squad 1 travel distances in Brooklyn were unchanged but improved availability (fewer runs to SI).

There are no national standards for response time by Squads.  As presently defined by FDNY, squads are unique to the immediate metro NY tri state region.