Author Topic: Gus Jonson's FDNY History book  (Read 1673 times)

Offline grumpy grizzly

Gus Jonson's FDNY History book
« on: May 30, 2010, 04:16:49 PM »
I know there are a lot of FDNY "pups" on this site. I think this is the best FDNY and fire department site on the web. There are people on this site who have given me invaluable info. I think I should repay the favor. I have a copy of  Gus Johnson's book FDNY 1900 1975. Send me an :) address and I will let you read the book. Just pay the freight, either back to me or the next guy who would like to  read it. I am an old school buff from Boston and then Chicago and in both cities old school guys took me under their wing. Now as a I get older I feel a responsibilty to continue the mission.Like I said there are guys on this site who understand what this is all about, especially guitarman
FAC 20 TASS 68-69 SVN. Hue/PhuBai , Boston Spark from 71-79, Chicago 79-15, Bloomington/Normal 2015- present

Nycfire.net

Gus Jonson's FDNY History book
« on: May 30, 2010, 04:16:49 PM »

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
Re: Gus Jonson's FDNY History book
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 08:42:19 AM »
"Grump" that really is something to offer that book. I have one. It is really an EXCELLENT BOOK on the history of FDNY up to around 1975 (I think ???). It can't be replaced. You being decent enough to loan that book out is certainly going "above and beyond".
  I was offered a Disk of a Collectors Video called "Fire in the Apartment next Door" by a regular contributor of this site. This video as far as I know has NEVER been offered. He really doesn't even know me, but was willing to send me his only copy and trust me to send it back. The only thing I can say is that this guy is a retired member of the FDNY. But that's the kind of people that are the majority on this site. Generally people of Good Character as I see it.
  I never did take that video. I thought if it ever got lost, it was irreplaceable.
  But there are always those dishonest loosers out there. I sure hope "Grump", that you don't get messed up. Its a Great Offer that the decent people out there should take you up on.