Author Topic: Take care and stay safe!  (Read 571 times)

Offline Lionheart

• holfri.de
Take care and stay safe!
« on: March 25, 2020, 03:14:33 AM »
As a longer member of this board and from Germany, i would like to wish all members, especially in New York City but also in the whole USA and the world all the best for the next days, and maybe month.
Take care of you and your family and stay safe and healthy. 
We will going to this hard time togehter!

I'm only a buff and not an active or former firefighter, paramedic, nurse, doctor etc..
So i would like to show my repect to all of you, who risk there health and life during this crazy time.

Best wishes,
Holger

Nycfire.net

Take care and stay safe!
« on: March 25, 2020, 03:14:33 AM »

Offline manhattan

Re: Take care and stay safe!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 04:05:17 AM »
Thank you, Holger.

Your good wishes are most appreciated.

Stay well yourself, and best wishes for you, your family, friends and local responders.

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 10:24:50 AM »
As a longer member of this board and from Germany, i would like to wish all members, especially in New York City but also in the whole USA and the world all the best for the next days, and maybe month.
Take care of you and your family and stay safe and healthy. 
We will going to this hard time togehter!

I'm only a buff and not an active or former firefighter, paramedic, nurse, doctor etc..
So i would like to show my repect to all of you, who risk there health and life during this crazy time.

Best wishes,
Holger

Thank you Holger, aka "Lionheart", and I too echo "manhattans" words as well.

We have never seen anything like this. Certainly the New York City area hit the hardest.

As we know, this site has many members, including firefighters, EMTs/Medics, some Police Officers too, that are out there on a daily basis dealing with this. Now also putting their lives, and their families lives at Additional Risk. God Bless them for what they do. Millions of people are depending on them.

Our members of this site throughout the world, including yourself Holger and member Dec Byrne, aka "Irish", has expressed their concern for the people of this country and the site members, particularly the hard hit NYC area. Thank you to our friends from outside our borders.

As a fire buff Holger, you are NOT alone here. We have many fire buffs just like yourself, myself included.

I will also add that beyond this site, our nurses and doctors are certainly on the frontlines of this WAR. Many who have come out of retirement to help during this National Emergency.

In some places our Military is now playing a large part in this EMERGENCY. Two large U.S. Navy Medical Ships are being sent to the Ports of Los Angeles and New York City, where they are currently needed most. The National Guard is also playing a large part in setting up portable hospitals and bringing in supplies that will be needed to care for those patients.

We still need our utility workers, transit workers, pharmacist, store clerks, shelf stockers, our farmers, fishermen, truck drivers, car mechanics, dentist, CNAs, those who deliver our mail and packages, along with those who work behind the scene to support them, and of course our 911 Dispatchers.

I never really gave much thought to how much we really do depend on these workers. I am very Thankful that they are out there for ALL of us.

I too, wish all my friends and their families in the NYC area to be safe and please follow the rules put forth by those who know how to deal with this best. 

Offline johnd248

• Aux. Lieut. at E. 248 1964-73
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 12:00:17 PM »
Our best to you, your family and friends, Holger.

Offline BoroCall

• Former:NYCRelief,Recovery,Support & counties
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 04:24:58 PM »
Thank you for your good thought's, right back at ya.  Hope you & yours stay safe & healthy.

Offline Micael

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 12:03:49 PM »
Let me add my well wishes from Sweden as well. Terrible situation overall.

Were a bit behind NYC in the curve in Stockholm where Im at, but the EMS system and hospitals are under great strain already. Ive got a few friends that are in the thick of it right now, hoping that theyll be all right in the end.

Offline manhattan

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 12:10:51 PM »
God Bless, Micael.  Know that you, your family and friends and Sweden's people are in prayers on this side of the Atlantic.