Author Topic: Member Meeting  (Read 83793 times)

Online nfd2004

• Global Moderator
Re: Member Meeting
« Reply #435 on: August 16, 2011, 09:51:12 PM »
We are still working on the FDNY Tours at this time. Just in case things don't go well, we will try to put together an alternate plan for our get together.
  However, let me point out that the Homefield House gathering for Friday evening has been set. From what I've been told, it certainly sounds like a good line up.
  In addition, let me also point out that we expect to set up vendors tables at NO CHARGE to the Vendor. One member who has shown interest in setting up such a table is our own "G-Man". He hopes to offer some of his hand made fire truck models that he creates. For anybody who has seen his work, I think you would agree, it is second to none. Every detail perfectly crafted.
  Of course we will welcome other vendors also.
  I have also been assured by "Truck 4" that we will be able to tour the Yonkers Police Emergency Service Units. This is the Elite Group of officers of the Yonkers Police Dept.
  And Saturday of course is the Wounded Warriors October Fest on Staten Island.
  And for those who would want to spend a little time in the streets of the Bronx or Brooklyn on Thursday evening buffing, we can do that also.
  I apoligize to all at this point for NOT being able to confirm our plans that I had discussed earlier. I hope everything works out and of course lets hope for decent weather. No rain dancing please.
  Again, I will post any info as soon as I get it.

Nycfire.net

« Reply #435 on: August 16, 2011, 09:51:12 PM »

Online nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #436 on: August 25, 2011, 11:00:21 PM »
Back in June, 2011, I started talking about the Member Meeting for October. I mentioned Oct 6, 7, and 8th. I talked about visiting Marine Div Headquarters, Sqd 288/Haz Mat 1, and FDNY/EMS Station 20 in the Bronx. Now, two months later it doesn't look like that will be possible. Last year I had No problems setting up the tours. This year is much different. Maybe its because of the 9/11 ten year anniversary. I really don't know. I've written to the proper channels asking permssion and have gotten No response. As we know, we live in a much different world today. I probadly shouldn't have mentioned these tours until I confirmed them first.
  BUT, I can tell you that we DO have plans for the Get Together at the Homefield House in Yonkers. There will be a Great meal, a show and tell program scheduled, and plenty of time to Meet and Greet. There will be firefighters both active and retired, buffs and volunteers, ALL with the same interest. That of the FDNY and the Fire Service. Of course everyone is welcomed including your spouse and friends. It is a buffet type dinner with refreshments served. Or BYOB if you prefer. Of course vendors are welcomed at NO CHARGE for a table. The cost is $20.00 per dinner, and any profits will go to support this web site.
   Earlier in the day, I have been reassured that we would be able to tour the Yonkers Emergency Service P.D. Units. As I understand there is a varity of equipment. These are the Officers specially trained to respond to any type of incident within the City of Yonkers. I will also be working on a visit to the Yonkers Fire Dept SOC (Special Operations Command) Hqs.
    Then the next day October 8th is the Wounded Warriors October Fest in Staten Island. This runs from 9 AM to 5 PM and supports a Good Cause. With plenty of Good Food.
    For those traveling who wish to stay overnight in the city, there was some talk of staying at a Coast Guard Station near the V-Bridge. I'll be waiting to hear on that.
    But we do need to get a head count as soon as possible for the dinner.
    Please send me a "PM" or E-mail (wm.helen.dennis@sbcglobal.net) if you are planning on attending.
   And for those coming in on Thursday Oct 6th, we can always make plans for a night of buffing.

Online nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #437 on: September 01, 2011, 02:16:21 PM »
As of this date (9/1/2011) I have NOT had any Official Word on a tour of Marine 1, Squad 288/HazMat, and FDNY/EMS Station 20. With that said; I think the time has come to move on and continue to move forward with Our Other plans.
  Friday October 7th is the tour of the Yonkers PD Emergency Service Units. "Truck 4" on this site is a member of that elite group and he advised me that it is set.  I will be in contact with "Truck 4" to confirm the plan in detail.
  Later that day, will be a get together for some fine Italian Food, and photos/videos from the FDNYs busy days. I've been told of three individuals that plan to present their goods to us. All are highly respected members within the fire service. I hope to announce their names shortly.
  The Homefield House in Yonkers is an Excellent place for our gathering. There will also be an opportunity for vendors at NO CHARGE to set up their table.
   At the cost of $20.00 per plate, and as I understand it "All you can Eat" including soda, you can't beat that.
   Those interested in attending, it is important that you respond by Sept 30th so we can get a head count. Would you please Let me know if you will also be attending the Yonkers Police Tour also.
   To be guaranteed a seat, I ask that you send in your payment as soon as possible. Again, please, No Later than Sept 30th.
   Please send a check or money order to:  William Dennis, c/o Member Meeting, 34 White Plains Rd, Norwich, Ct 06360
   And the next day on Saturday Oct 8th is the Wounded Warriors October Fest in Staten Island from 9 AM to 5PM. Plenty of good food there too. And of course the proceeds go to an Excellent cause.
   So treat yourself to a day or two of good food, make some new friends or see your buddies from the last Member Meeting. I sure know that I'm looking forward to it.
   Any questions please feel free to send me a"PM".
   Thanks guys.
   Bill Dennis (aka Willy "D")

Online nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #438 on: September 06, 2011, 09:43:35 PM »
A reminder as the time is getting closer. Friday October 7th will be here before we know it. To make sure that you will have a reserved spot at the Homefield House in Yonkers be sure to let me know that you are interested in attending. You can send me a "PM" or if you have any questions, please feel free to call me at (860) 822-9213. I promise to get back to you as soon as I can if I'm out feeding the cows. Or you can send me an E-mail at wm.helen.dennis@sbcglobal.net .
  This is a time for all of us to get together and tell a few stories. Of course I can't speak for anybody else, but I've always enjoyed myself at these gatherings. All a bunch of Great Guys. For $20.00 you'll get a dinner and there will be plenty of time to sit and gab. In addition, I'm sure the scanner will be on and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a few pictures and videos  to help entertain you. And don't forget, FREE Vendors table set up.
   Just prior to that is a tour of the Yonkers Police Emergency Service Units and the equipment they carry. Our own "Truck 4" has offered his services for that.
   You can also invite your friends that have the same interest. As you can probadly guess, I have a few guys here in Connecticut I hope to invite. Two of whom went last year and hope to attend this year.
   We still may hear from the FDNY Officals yet but we will be making a few alternate plans should the need arise.
   And the good time will continue at the Wounded Warriors October Fest on Staten Island the next day (10/8).

Online nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #439 on: September 15, 2011, 12:30:03 PM »
PLAN "B" will go into effect. BIG THANKs to the Entire Bendick Family of Firefighters (John Sr, Tommy, and John Jr). And Thanks also goes to "Truck 4" (Mike M.) of the Yonkers Police Emergency Service Unit. For a period of time, our meeting looked doubtful. But with their very positive attitude, these individuals "picked up the ball and ran with it". Thank you so much.
   On Friday October 7th all attending will be given an official tour of the FDNY Fire Academy (The Rock) by two members of the FDNY. Some of us may know them. FDNY Members Tommy Bendick (Eng 65, and site owner), and his brother John Bendick Jr (Eng 75). I am sure that this will be a Great tour. I know both guys and they are really into the job. We had a Great Tour last year and I'm looking forward to it again this year. Its not easy to get into the FDNY Fire Acedemy any more. So if you haven't been there, this is a Great Opportunity that isn't offered everyday.
  The FDNY is the Biggest Fire Dept in the Country and has probadly some of the Best trained Firefighters out there. This is where it all begins.
   Later that day, Site Member Mike M. (aka Truck 4) will lead us into the City of Yonkers, which I believe is the Fourth Largest City in the entire State of New York, for a Tour of the Yonkers Police Emergency Service Units. This is an Elite group of police officers who deal with every type of Emergency in that busy city. I myself, have often referred to the City of Yonkers as NYCs Sixth Boro.
   In the evening, plan for a Great Meal at the Homefield House in Yonkers. There will be photos, videos and a few guest speakers. We will have a raffle and vendors tables. I know that John Bendick Sr (retired FDNY Capt) has put a lot of effert into making this an enjoyable evening for everyone.
   As in the past, we would like to collect a $20.00 donation from each person attending to help support our two FDNY Charities.
   The cost of the dinner and gathering is $20.00 per person. I ask that it be sent to me prior to Oct 1st, so that we may have an exact count for the meals and to help pay for the Hall Rental. My address is:........
    Bill Dennis
    34 White Plains Rd.
    Norwich, Ct 06360
   Of course there will be more details coming out shortly.
   Tommy B. may be contacting members through E-mail, but I'm not sure on that.
   Thank you and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. And Thank You to the Job that Mike and the Bendick Family has done to make this possible. Thanks Guys.
   Bill Dennis (aka Willy "D")
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 12:51:38 PM by nfd2004 »

Offline tbendick

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • Nycfire.net
« Reply #440 on: September 15, 2011, 01:56:08 PM »
OK. Automated email should be going out.
you can reply for the meeting at
http://nycfire.net/node/1040
Click reply to invitation.  Must be logged in
Other invitations to follow.

Offline truck4

• Administrator
« Reply #441 on: October 05, 2011, 10:51:56 PM »
Dinner is this Friday. If you have not RSVP'd yet, please do so. $20 for food, soda and I'll bring the beer!

anything