Author Topic: Member Conduct  (Read 4971 times)

Offline truck4

• Administrator
Member Conduct
« on: August 05, 2010, 09:49:53 PM »
Fellas,

If there is an issue with a member, post or thread--Contact a Moderator!

We can not and will not tolerate the recent nonsense in this forum by multiple members.

What some of you fail to realize is that this is an open, public forum that anyone can join and anyone can view. This is not the firehouse kitchen or the playground. The stupid name calling and petty nonsense makes us all look unprofessional. Don't fall for some contagious childlike behavior. Certain members were contacted by PM.

The core of members here are real solid guys and we appreciate your being part of NYCFire. We also have a site to run. A site visited by many different people, including some in very respectable positions. The last thing we need is to look unprofessional. 

We thank you all for your cooperation.

Mike
Truck4

Nycfire.net

Member Conduct
« on: August 05, 2010, 09:49:53 PM »

Offline CFDMarshal

Re: Member Conduct
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 08:53:31 AM »
Well said Boss, Well said! Many of us are well pat the squirrel phase of the fire service. Whether active or inactive, regardless of background, we owe this noble calling the respect and professionalism it deserves. I only hope the younger members of this forum can grow to love and respect the service like I have.

Elwood

34 yr OTJ and still counting!

Offline rdm258

• http://www.franklintn.gov/fire/
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 11:29:20 AM »
Thank you for that post and I myself will watch what I say/post, YES there is a problem with 1 particular member, and ongoing at that.
Mike, i will ignore any stupid comments and keep them to myself so not to make this site look unprofessional. Thank you for such an excellent site.
Rob

Offline guitarman314

• Photobucket
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 11:34:30 AM »
Thank you for that post and I myself will watch what I say/post, YES there is a problem with 1 particular member, and ongoing at that.
Mike, i will ignore any stupid comments and keep them to myself so not to make this site look unprofessional. Thank you for such an excellent site.
Rob
The same with me, thanks.

Offline kfd274

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 11:38:27 AM »
I certainly agree with all that's said. You certainly can act "professionally" and still have great fun. This is a fabulous site, and information that is posted should be as accurate as possible. "Foul" language and personal attacks are not acceptable. The former teacher in me also thinks that spelling and grammar are important.  So watch the spelling or you will have to write corrections on the board 100x!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) ;D

Online nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 10:59:45 PM »
The former teacher in me also thinks that spelling and grammar are important.  So watch the spelling or you will have to write corrections on the board 100x!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) ;D

"kfd274" after talking to you on the phone, now I understand what you are talking about. (Kevin is a Retired School Adminstrator).  You know those students you are talking about writing the corrections on the board 100x!!!!!!!. "That's me. Willy "D". I have absolutely no idea how I made it through school. I went to Catholic Grammer School, and somebody sure must have done a lot of praying for me. I would guess that's the only way I made it. And Public High School was even worse. I guess somebody sure did a lot of praying for me then, cause I sure needed it. Anyway, I'm proud to say, "somehow I made it".

And just a little side note. Those nuns used to ask me, "William, (not Willy "D") what do you want to do when you grow up" ? I said; "be a fireman". They sure didn't want to hear that. They wanted a priest, doctors and lawyers. But somehow I was lucky enough to become a fireman. I certainly didn't make what doctors and lawyers made, but I Loved every minute of it. "Sure miss it today".
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:32:41 PM by nfd2004 »

Offline Hurricanes298

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 10:13:37 AM »
Gentelmen I would like to take this time to apologize for my past actions on post with other members....I was going through a very rough time with some family issues and i was letting my anger get to me, and also come out at times it shouldn't have..as in on this website.I mean no dis respect to any other the members. they have been on this earth and in the Fire Service and or Military Services and have alot to bring to the table and also talk about. So its with great respect that i apologize to all the members especially "IT IS WHAT IT IS", FDNY150, and also FDNY220122 for the action i have taking towards them in verbal abuse and also being very disrespectful!
                         So i apologize to the group and especially to those 3 guys
                                           IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!

Brad Young (SoHoTruckin20 aka BfdYoungin0252)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:16:24 AM by SoHoTruckin20 »
"Discipline and training can make winners, but itís the heart that separates first from second, and heart that can make the push down the hall"  Rest in Peace Tony "T-Wit" Witkowski

Offline rdm258

• http://www.franklintn.gov/fire/
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 10:18:57 AM »
Brad,
   That was very courageous of you and I can totally understand about family issues,etc.. I am sure they are no hard feelings and glad to have you back.
Robert DeMeo

Offline Hurricanes298

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 10:20:20 AM »
i even used spell check
"Discipline and training can make winners, but itís the heart that separates first from second, and heart that can make the push down the hall"  Rest in Peace Tony "T-Wit" Witkowski

Offline kfd274

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 10:34:54 AM »
i even used spell check

Just remember the personal pronoun "I" should be capitalized!!!!!!!  ;) ;)  To the board and write it correctly 100x!!!! :) :) :D :D.  Of course today it wouldn't be a chalk board, probably a white board.  A smart kid would say "Can I do it using the computer?"   Then he could type it once and copy it 99x ;D ;D ;D

Offline Hurricanes298

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 10:37:35 AM »
I am sorry for my pour spelling  kfd274   ;)

Offline raybrag

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 10:47:13 AM »
Good on ya for standing up like a man and apologizing to those folks you insulted and to the board in general.  All of us act like smart a$$es once in a while, and that's ok.  I hope your family issues are resolved quickly and amicably.  Welcome back.  One comment . . . only my opinion . . . I'd prefer it if you didn't post a rundown unless you KNOW what units responded.  I don't think posting units that should have or might have responded is of much value.
Ray Braguglia
Newport News VA

Offline Hurricanes298

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 10:50:29 AM »
Yes Sir  ill put what i know and add a ? where i dont...and hopefully some one will come in with the info in a nicer way

Offline mikeindabronx

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 11:05:29 AM »
I totally agree with the rundown issue.A case in point,I recently posted a rundown for a 2nd in the Northern Bronx on the  other site "RANT". One member said the rundown was all wrong because TL-51 and R-3 were not at the job.I had however taken in this job and had photos of both units at the 2nd.Go figure.

Offline bklyndisp54

• FDNY Dispatcher 1970-1980: S.I. & Brooklyn
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 08:30:57 AM »

... I went to Catholic Grammer School, and ...

g-r-a-m-m-a-r

;D ;D ;D