Author Topic: Site Update  (Read 6691 times)

Offline mikeindabronx

Re: Site Update
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 06:39:38 PM »
Yes, it seems to be turbo charged now.

Nycfire.net

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 06:39:38 PM »

Offline efd274

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 06:53:31 PM »
As I noted earlier today under Manhattan Box 405

The site is working very well again - many thanks to Tom Bendick - we are all so spoiled with instant gratification - transferring servers is no easy project - we just went to virtual servers in my engineering business and we had a tremendous amount of down time - "the devil is in the details"

Offline tbendick

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • Nycfire.net
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 07:20:33 PM »
We changed some more settings which does seem to be helping the speed issues.  We have two other domains on the server which we will be moving off to free up load. 

We are working with them to get a new server setup so we can move them off ASAP.  We had originally giving them the space to help get things started.  Now that they are up and running good it's time for them to move on to a better place.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 04:07:40 PM »
Functions are definitly working better now...but...as in my reply # 6 above.... getting on the site is still giving me a problem....on page 3 clicking on an old Dec '09 fire brings me to a Dec '09 page w/2010 current things on the right which lets me into the current site ????other than that i think this site is GREAT i was busy yesterday & did not get to keep up w/all the jobs....this afternoon i was able to go through the last 10 pages of "Most Recent Posts" which brought me up to speed .....thanks to all.......also Tom in reading the recently released FDNY Lts. List i saw a familiar name....are Congratulations in order?

Offline mikeindabronx

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 04:20:59 PM »
Chief.....I also noticed that name on the list.

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 09:28:14 AM »
Thank you Chief J.K. for letting us know about the latest Lts list. Congradulations Tom. We are all very glad to hear that. I'm sure your family is very proud of you too. Tom, you have a good mentor as I understand it. And that's your father. Many of us on here can relate to that also. We learned alot from our fathers who were on the job.
  But with that being said, getting promoted in the Fire Dept is No Easy Task. It takes hours away from your own time to study manuals and prepare for that test. Time that can be spent elsewhere. But only the "top scorers" get that promotion. And as I see it: "There is Not a more "Noble Calling" than to be a Leader of such a Greater Group of Men, who are willing to risk their life for their fellow human being".
  Best Wishes Tom.

Offline Capnkeys

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 10:18:15 PM »
Posting from South Carolina, where my gf and I attended the World Firefighter Combat Challenge, hosted by Scott Airpacks.

I haven't accessed the site since we left out of FL a week ago. Tonight I'm checking in, and catching up on the technical issues you had, but I can only say I've never seen the site running so well, so whatever was done was done well.

I'm reading congrats should be in order for a good score on the Lt. test for somebody. So congrats, and best of luck!

Back in Fl tomorrow, home in the Keys the day after.

Stay safe.

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 08:09:46 AM »
Posting from South Carolina, where my gf and I attended the World Firefighter Combat Challenge, hosted by Scott Airpacks.
I haven't accessed the site since we left out of FL a week ago. Tonight I'm checking in, and catching up on the technical issues you had, but I can only say I've never seen the site running so well, so whatever was done was done well.
I'm reading congrats should be in order for a good score on the Lt. test for somebody. So congrats, and best of luck!

George (Capnkeys), glad you'll be home soon and we hope that you will post a few of those pictures on here.
  We are Congradulating Tom Bendick, the owner of this site. Tom did very good on that FDNY Lts Exam, and should be promoted off that new list in the close future.
  I had the pleasure of meeting Tom on our Last Member Meeting for a short time. A Great guy, into the job and will be an asset to the FDNY as an FDNY lieutenant. His father is a retired FDNY Captain, and Toms two other brothers are also on the job. George, let me say this; "Tom is a credit to his generation, and the FDNY will do well with him". (Kind of like we were George, a few decades ago).

Offline kidfrmqns

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2010, 10:42:29 AM »
The site is working really fast and as well as it has ever worked. Thanks Tom for setting this up. It is a GREAT site!! Just one question, will the interactive firehouse location maps work again soon? I was unable to get them to work yesterday.

Offline tbendick

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • Nycfire.net
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 02:19:04 PM »
Opps..  Missed that, will fix later tonight and will get them up and running.
We made the arrangements to move the other sites off the server, should be done by the end of the week.

Any other problems??

Offline grumpy grizzly

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 05:27:44 PM »
As a Boston and now Chicago buff well this is a great site for info from everywhere. I try to post info from Chicago but I think the CIA controls info. Many, many congrats to Tom on his succesful promo test. Sometimes the cream really does raise to the top!!! ;D
FAC 20 TASS 68-69 SVN. Hue/PhuBai , Boston Spark from 71-79, Chicago 79-15, Bloomington/Normal 2015- present

Offline Capnkeys

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 10:18:56 PM »

George (Capnkeys), glad you'll be home soon and we hope that you will post a few of those pictures on here.
  We are Congradulating Tom Bendick, the owner of this site. Tom did very good on that FDNY Lts Exam, and should be promoted off that new list in the close future.

Well this is great news! Haven't had the pleasure of ever meeting any of the Bendick family, but I want to wish Tom the very best of luck and good fortune with his spot on the list, and hope that good news comes his way soon regarding this promotion.  :)
What an honor it would be to serve the FDNY as an Officer.

Willy, we made it back to Florida today, thanks buddy.

Offline mercurygrandmarquis1

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 02:16:21 AM »
i only found one thing slight issue with the site but its nothing big, but the spellcheck feature seems to be missing

Offline johnd248

• Aux. Lieut. at E. 248 1964-73
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 08:52:13 AM »
Whose nedds spelchek?  My grammer is fintastic.

Offline raybrag

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 12:06:36 PM »
Your grammer is grimmer. ;D   BTW:  spell check works for me.
Ray Braguglia
Newport News VA

anything