Author Topic: Manchester NH to fire its chiefs  (Read 1358 times)

Offline grumpy grizzly

Manchester NH to fire its chiefs
« on: April 06, 2011, 07:44:49 PM »
In an attempt to save FF's jobs the chief of Manchester has decided to fire his deaputies. Now I am sure we have all been at the scene of an emergency and thought, Sh@t what is the chief doing? The chief says his actions will enable the city to keep 5 trucks in service, if not only 2 trucks will be available. He also says it will not hinder first alarm response. If you only have 2 trucks in service I guess you wil only get one truck for a fire, the other truck will cover the rest of the city. I have been to Manchester back in the 70's and one truck ain't going to do it! Save my ass, not yours!!
FAC 20 TASS 68-69 SVN. Hue/PhuBai , Boston Spark from 71-79, Chicago 79-15, Bloomington/Normal 2015- present

Nycfire.net

Manchester NH to fire its chiefs
« on: April 06, 2011, 07:44:49 PM »

Online Bulldog

Re: Manchester NH to fire its chiefs
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 08:04:30 PM »
If you read this article http://www.firehouse.com/topics/leadership-and-command/nh-city-mulls-dumping-chiefs-15-firefighters it's an alderman from the City Council that wants to get rid of the chiefs.  The city fire chief wants to keep them and get rid of the firefighters.  Seems like a fair trade to me, 6 chiefs for 15 Indians.  A command structure isn't very much good if they have nobody to command.