FDNY dispatch Offices

Which boroughs still have their own dispatch offices and which ones have been consolidated to the operations center in Metro-Tech.

Thanks

-Chris

Queens is still in Queens and I believe the Bronx is still in the Bronx. Don't quote me on the Bronx office.

memory master said:
Queens is still in Queens and I believe the Bronx is still in the Bronx. Don't quote me on the Bronx office.
The Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Staten Island dispatch offices are all located at 11 Metrotech Center, FDNY Headquarters in Brooklyn. EMS Dispatch is located at 1 Metrotech Center.

The Queens office is located at 83-98 Woodhaven Blvd.

The Bronx office is located at 1120 E. 180th St.

I believe there have been plans in the works to combine the Queens and Bronx offices.

Do you have any idea what the Manhattan Office on the 79th Street Transverse Road and the SI Office which was on either Grymes Hill (Howard Avenue between Wagner and St John's) or Todt Hill are now being used for?

Also, why are Bronx and SI not co-located?

Thanks.

HQ is in 9 Metrotech.
Manhattan, Brooklyn, and SI are in PSAC 1 at 11 Metrotech.
Queens and Bronx are still in their respective CO's until the completion of PSAC 2 in Bronx some time in 2017.
All 5 CO's will still be maintained (albeit vacant) as our electronics still run through them.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't Ems move to 11 and 1 is a Backup?
Also Manhattan is vacant, just a communication hub.
Staten island is renovated and some staff are working out of it. Fuel desk and some resource stuff moved there.

Yes, EMS is with us in PSAC and 1 (their former location) is their backup.

It means Put all your eggs in one basket because nothing will ever happen to take it all out at once. lol

Actually it is "Public Safety Answering Center"

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I read this past week that there has been some changes made in who is working where.....

Manhattan has moved from the Bklyn PSAP to The Bronx C.O.

Queens has moved/ or going to move into the Bklyn PSAP. This move will be fore about 2 months before they return to their normal home taking with them Brooklyn & Staten Is.

What's going is now the question.

mack

Administrator
Why didn't all boros get consolidated in one location? 

I am not advocating but just asking. What is the rationale for consolidating some but not all?  Back-up? Extra capacity?

dan

Short answer......PSAC 2 in the Bronx will not be ready to be occupied by FDNY until end of 2017 or most likely 2018. In the interim, repairs and technology upgrades need to be done at the Queens CO, Bronx CO and PSAC 1 in addition to back up equipment testing which necessitates the relocation of operations for various durations over the next year. This includes equipment for the new Integraph CAD system.

HCO

The Manhattan Communications Office moved to PSAC II in the Bronx in June, 2017, and was followed by Bronx CO in August, and Queens CO in September. The Brooklyn CO moved temporarily in September, 2017, from PSAC I at MetroTech to the former Queens CO on Woodhaven Blvd. and returned to PSAC 1 on May 9, 2018. The Staten Island CO remains at PSAC I.