New Seagraves

^^^^A new Rig comes with new equipment on board......the Shops may or may not recycle the equipment in the old Rig if it is not going to be continued in service as a Spare.

I believe Engine 92 is currently in a spare. When a company gets a new rig do the take the radio and computer out of the old rig and install in the new rig?
They are probably getting it ready for Spare time. They usually clean it up before it goes into the spare pool. There are only like 33 Spare Engines right now not counting the Reserves. Anything under a 2003 will be going OOS. I believe 1 or 2 Reserves still have to switch into a 2003 once they find a decent rig.

They are probably getting it ready for Spare time. They usually clean it up before it goes into the spare pool. There are only like 33 Spare Engines right now not counting the Reserves. Anything under a 2003 will be going OOS. I believe 1 or 2 Reserves still have to switch into a 2003 once they find a decent rig.
I will give you guys a update later tonight. There WILL BE something new coming in very soon. Next Monday or Tuesday....

92 is in their 2008 assigned seagrave engine
Sorry l could not respond last night. But l will make a few statements , questions, now regarding new Seagrave Pumpers.

1. Skylerfire.... Who is giving you miss information. It doesn't matter what Engine
Is next up for a new rig. The issue is whichever pumper is sent from the plant to Jersey is only found out the day the pumper drives thru those large garage doors in Jersey. Also FYI the same issue goes for the new Towers and in the future it will be the rearmounts. As per Chief JK the new Rigs are fully equipped. Back when we at 319 got our 2015 KME only the new hydrant connects were issued with the rig.

2. You have asked a question a few times regarding the paint issues. I am hoping it's a easy fix but there were allot more paint issues involved.

3. When KME had the contract from 2013 thru 2016 there were approx 80 pumpers on the list.
I knew people at KME and was lucky enough to get the complete list of all the Apparatus Reg #s
Along with the company it was being assigned to. Seagrave does not have a list like KME did, atleast that l knew of.

4. I have no clue how the swap of Rigs are done.
Back in the day when we got our 1963 international ( ex-290 ) 59 Mack ( ex- 312 ) 69 Mack ( TCU 531 ) & 72 Mack ( EX- 290 ) we hit a call in quarters to strip our rig and report to shops to pick up our new rig. When we got our 1980 ALF we were S/C to the shops homebox
stated E 319 OOS swapping into new rig.
This occurred also with the 1993, 2003 Seagraves & 2015 KME..

5. Once the rig is left at the shops the mechanics do there thing. The print shop ( Iggy ) takes a piece of red background places the new company numbers on it and then covers the old numbers.

6. In this New Seagrave Pumpers section
PLEASE LOOK AT REPLY# 33. I always update it after l actually see the new rig and take a few pics. When the new pumper comes in and lucky enough to see it l stop and check it out.

If you have questions feel free to contact me

AuxWarYearsCapt. Aka...Doug

Hmm, "misinformation" who coined that word, the needle nazis or the like ?
I was told that they got TL 23 back to shops right before the storm. The next rig should be a pumper hopefully by the end of next week. There are flooding conditions that need to be addressed in both places. I will keep you all updated. Thanks Doug. Aka..AuxWarYearsCapt

Last edited:
Just to let you guys no....

E 282s new pumper arrived. I will try to get pics tomorrow. I've been in the hospital since Sat and got out last night. I will hopefully post pics of it.