Ladder 343

Maybe it's just me, but I think a mural of members carrying a covered body out of the site is a bit much. I feel this could really put salt in the wounds of people who lost family members.

Maybe it's just me, but I think a mural of members carrying a covered body out of the site is a bit much. I feel this could really put salt in the wounds of people who lost family members.
the mural on the back is a bit much
having the honor and privilege to recover victims from the WTC site i strongly disagree with both comments.
in my opinion...the mural depicts bringing a person home to their loved ones.

^^^^I have to agree, as disturbing as the mural depicts, it was something we were proud to do, it was the reason why we were there. I was honored to carry out many, one in particular was a Chiefs son. I carried the front, besides me was Firefighter Bobby Beddia who would be killed a few years later at the Deutcher Bank fire. I remember it like it was yesterday.

It’s the names of the brave 343, I believe we are up to another 250 that perished since. Rigs aren’t big enough to put the names of them plus the others that would follow. RIP heroes!

Tem217 and Johnny Gage, Having shared the honor that both of you talked about in your posts, I agree with you. Something that I find odd, is the choice of this particular rig. It was one of the Lemons that were taken out of service after only a few years. I remember watching news reports on TV of the first of the emergency order of replacement rigs leaving the Seagrave Factory just a few months after September 11th, being lead by 10 Truck's new rear-mount with the mural on it. At night, all the workers and all of the residents of the town were out on the streets waving American Flags and saluting these rigs as they headed to the FDNY. Maybe 10 Truck's now old rig would have been a better choice to have the honor of carrying the names of the 343 Heroes that made the Supreme Sacrifice on September 11th, 2001.
May we never forget those 343 that were lost on that horrible day nor those who we have lost since. God Bless them all.