New Rearmount order

Will the spare pool be in poor shape with the Ferraras and KMEs dominating the spare pool in a few years?

if they even make it to the spare pool
I'd be surprised if we saw 01/02's in a few year's time still being used. At the rate they have been auctioning half a dozen every two or so months. I estimate there's only under two dozen 01/02's left in the fleet including reserve ladders. Not sure about 05/06's they made up a fraction compared to the large amount ordered by the department back in 01/02 for RM's. Hopefully they will still be around in a few years but I have some doubt.

CTS is not getting one
I cannot understand why CTS is not getting a new 100-foot Rearmount. They have a 2014 KME Pumper, a 2020 Seagrave Pumper, and a 2020 Seagrave 75-foot Tower Ladder. Are they going to train the chaffers on Ferrara Rearmounts when the new Seagrave Rearmounts start to come in?

I cannot understand why CTS is not getting a new 100-foot Rearmount. They have a 2014 KME Pumper, a 2020 Seagrave Pumper, and a 2020 Seagrave 75-foot Tower Ladder. Are they going to train the chaffers on Ferrara Rearmounts when the new Seagrave Rearmounts start to come in?
Good questions.

the rear mounts are a simple simple truck. no need for a cts truck

Good questions.
I have always like the FDNY as a youngster growing up and the things that the FDNY does I enjoy watching. I have never held a position in the fire service, therefore I do not know what Prodi calls are used as far as the training procedures that are used for apparatus training. I just feel that members should be trained on an updated piece of equipment rather a piece of equipment that they are already familiar with.

Last edited:
Never liked these Gold Stripes from the first rig they put them on. Rigs would look better with Department Patch, Company Number and Patch, and plain white stripe. Just my opinion. I liked the Old-School look from 1980's and 1990's better.
I agree I liked the old era big department decal on the doors and such. Wasn't a fan of the decals after 2002. Random but since we’re on the topics of decals, was wondering if anybody knew why they switched from having “FIRE” on the side compartment doors to “FDNY” starting in 2008.

That's because they are FDNY specs., not Ferrara or Seagrave's. Whoever builds them, they will look the same
Yes, l know all about it.... l stated it because of the context of the original post, it seemed that it was uncertain as to if it is an FDNY piece for sure, and l posted the comparison photos, in a sense, to remove any doubt. i.e to point out that it sure looks like the FDNY specs.

Last edited:
L156 got a call that their new rig would be in service well before their 10 year expiration date of late January. Artwork has been approved by operations and they will start their rig familiarization in the very near future.