New Rescues ?

Rescue 1 must be cursed cause their present rescue didn't go into service until last year

RCL

R6 is kept for emergencies as these Ferraras are always out of service. R4 R5 are both in there spare rigs.
If I remember correctly, Rescue 6 was formed with a grant in 04 for at least 1 if not more political functions. They had the Spirit of Oklahoma which was donated after 911, so they used that rig so they didn't interfere with the day to day of the regular rescues. The only thing at the time 6 couldn't do was dive rescue.
This is my supposition, after it's time was up as 6 after those few months it was meant to be similar to the 500/700 series engines, where all they had to do was throw a crew on it for say a natural disaster, July 4th etc. Now with the regular rescues having so many issues, it's a 2nd tier spare.

I thought that each Rescue had a ready to go spare in their quarters?
They do. Im just throwing out the idea maybe they've thought of getting a new rescue rig to be a reserve kinda like how Squad 8's rig went into squad reserve and is used as a spare.

They do. Im just throwing out the idea maybe they've thought of getting a new rescue rig to be a reserve kinda like how Squad 8's rig went into squad reserve and is used as a spare.
Squad 8s old rig isn't being used as a spare. Sq-18, 61, 252, 270 are all in 08-09 pumpers. it was used by SQ-1 a month or so back because they just needed the spare for a few hours

Squad 8s old rig isn't being used as a spare. Sq-18, 61, 252, 270 are all in 08-09 pumpers. it was used by SQ-1 a month or so back because they just needed the spare for a few hours
Squad 41 had it for a couple weeks as a spare.

Squad 41 had it for a couple weeks as a spare.
Squad 800 is for emergency use (few hours to I believe 48 hours tops) It’s some kinda thing where they require a Reserve Squad Ready to go same-thing with a Rescue. R6 has older equipment than the Ferrara Reserve Rescues.