R.A.P.I.D Response Vehicle

AJB

Does anyone know anything about this vehicle. Located @ Floyd Bennett Field.

Attachments

• RRV.jpg
    RRV.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 100

AJB

The Photo Was Taken In 2016, By The Looks Of It.. I Highly Doubt It Is Still In Service. If It Is Still In Service, It Is Rarely Used. Or Are You Asking What A "R.A.P.I.D. Response Vehicle" Is?
I want to know what it's used for and unit assignment.

AJB

The Photo Was Taken In 2016, By The Looks Of It.. I Highly Doubt It Is Still In Service. If It Is Still In Service, It Is Rarely Used. Or Are You Asking What A "R.A.P.I.D. Response Vehicle" Is?
It's still based at the field.

Some information, whether true or false, is better left unsaid so that it does not fall into the wrong hands hence the safety and security of all is secure. Why give the "bad guys" information that may harm you and yours whether it be here or any public forum?

A quick Google search produced several videos on this unit. Basically a community affairs unit that responds to major incidents and attempts to deescalate and calm chaotic scenes and prevent further violence.

Well, now I can see why those who knew its purpose wanted to keep it confidential.
Since one of the videos was a NBC news report with the mayor and police officials introducing the new unit, I don't think this unit is supposed to be a secret!

AJB

A quick Google search produced several videos on this unit. Basically a community affairs unit that responds to major incidents and attempts to deescalate and calm chaotic scenes and prevent further violence.
The one that I was referring to belongs to ESU/SOD not Community Affairs.