Miami Dade 3rd Alarm with MayDay!

Looking at the video, the FF is being removed on stretcher with an automatic CPR machine in place and operating on him. 🙏🙏 for a positive outcome

Looking at the video, the FF is being removed on stretcher with an automatic CPR machine in place and operating on him. 🙏🙏 for a positive outcome

That Is Hard To Watch, Prayers To The FF & All Others Injured. Can Only Hope That He Will Be Okay.

That Is Called A LUCAS, Chest Compressions System. Green In Color Looks Like The 2. They Are Expensive, But Newer Technology That Is Very Useful & Vital For Situations Like This.

Looked like the injured firefighter had his hand on the green unit the entire time, so hopefully he was semi-cognizant enough to help out, but chest compressions is never a good sign. Hoping for the best.

Looked like the injured firefighter had his hand on the green unit the entire time, so hopefully he was semi-cognizant enough to help out, but chest compressions is never a good sign. Hoping for the best.
The LUCAS Devices Have Straps.. So, You Are Supposed To Strap The Patients Wrists To The Device. It Stabilizes The Device And Keeps Their Arms Out Of The Way.

Last edited:
LUCAS device is still better than having to do manual CPR on a moving patient by having a rescuer stand on the bottom rail of the gurney while it is being moved. I pray this firefighter is alright.
If you do not know how to quickly remove turnout gear for Firefighter CPR learn how.
I fully understand that we are not all Paramedics in the fire service, but a major majority of us should be at least EMT-D, with special training in treating firefighters on the scene.
Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired.

LUCAS device is still better than having to do manual CPR on a moving patient by having a rescuer stand on the bottom rail of the gurney while it is being moved. I pray this firefighter is alright.
If you do not know how to quickly remove turnout gear for Firefighter CPR learn how.
I fully understand that we are not all Paramedics in the fire service, but a major majority of us should be at least EMT-D, with special training in treating firefighters on the scene.
Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired.
Great point Capt R. We used to practice rapid removal of unconscious members SCBA and bunker gear all the time.

It is always grave when FireFighter Lucas shows up to the scene. Hank is correct, that position is where we place and strap the patients hands. Prayers for the member.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Still not good news but fortunately after watching the 2 videos the person in critical condition is NOT a FF

Speedy recovery to our FL Brother.