FD Response for a MCI

Anyone know what is the response is for a MCI on the FD side of things?

FDNY Response Videos

FDNY Response Videos
This varies. A 10-60 would be the first thing that comes to mind as a true “MCI” response for the FDNY. However, in recent years, MCIs caused by a number of car v pedestrian incidents have had 10-75s transmitted for them.

At one time the MCI Mobil Medical Units were once said to be mobile "Emergency Rooms" with a M.D. and everything a hospital Emergency Room has for initial treatment. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired

RCL

Probably has a lot to do with what caused the MCI
I'd go with this answer. Technically speaking, an MCI is anything over 5 pts. 2 cars with 3 occupants per car injured would qualify. So would a full subway station below grade with a smoke condition. And just about everything you can imagine.

I'd go with this answer. Technically speaking, an MCI is anything over 5 pts. 2 cars with 3 occupants per car injured would qualify. So would a full subway station below grade with a smoke condition. And just about everything you can imagine.
Well actually technically speaking an MCI is anything over the amount of patients the crew at hand is capable of handling.

I have seen many variations on what actually defines an MCI. It's not always all about the number of patients / victims.
As I recall it : Any incident that has (6) six or more patients.
Any incident that has (5) five or less patients and unusual circumstances.
The scope of any incident exceeds the capabilities of a (2) two ambulance response.

Lot's of flexibility built into the second criteria by including these two words "unusual circumstances". Those two words are what triggers the response of EMS resources to an incident that has zero patients but has a history of or a significant potential of generating patients. Example's being: The 10-75 is transmitted or when the Box is loaded up by the Fire Alarm Dispatcher due to the quality and or quantity of the calls received.

Another is a report of suspected explosive device / suspicious package via NYPD. The potential exists but we have zero patients at the time of the transmission and we respond accordingly.

EMS officers are responsible for the escalation of the number of EMS resources assigned, their use at the event and to recognize in coordination with Fire and PD as to when the event has stabilized and when to begin de escalation and ultimately the termination of EMS involvement.

Look at Manhattan Box 0247 on 7/4/24 it’s a perfect example of how Fire Operations responds to an MCI. Ended up with using All Hands for a vehicle accident with multiple people injured / pinned.