Blocked Hydrants

Can someone tell me how the city becomes responsible for damage to vehicles when they block fire hydrants?

Why doesn’t FDNY and NYPD create a hydrant task force. Have the NYPD tow trucks blitz the worst areas and tow the cars blocking hydrants as well as saturate area with a summons blitz. It takes a lot of time to tow a vehicle so blitz with summons and then tow what you can. Word will get out quickly around the hoods. To be most effective these operations should be done 2200-0600.

Can someone tell me how the city becomes responsible for damage to vehicles when they block fire hydrants?
Because they can’t destroy property. Just because something is wrong doesn’t mean you can do what you want sadly. Higher ups weren’t happy about the recent one. But I will leave it at that.

Yesterday- the City used something called "the barnacle" thru out Rockaway. Its like a tire boot, except it gets attached to the drivers windshield.

The City could end the hydrant parking problem in a week if they actually wanted to.

at the end of the video it says
after you pay you will get the code on your cell phone
remove it from your windshield and then deposit it into their dropbox (yea right..maybe dropped into the east river by the lawbreakers)
how much does each barnacle cost?

at the end of the video it says
after you pay you will get the code on your cell phone
remove it from your windshield and then deposit it into their dropbox (yea right..maybe dropped into the east river by the lawbreakers)
how much does each barnacle cost?
Forget the river, they'll just throw it in the street and probably cause a accident