7/3/24 Bronx 10-24 Box 2260

BOX 2260 — 800 EXTERIOR ST

E 157 ST

CAR FIRE

5-7 SIGNAL
E068
L049

Originally came in as 153 & River Avenue
SQ41 T017 Responded and no call back was made a 10-92 about 5 minutes later after the 10-92 another report of a car fire at 800 Exterior Street and also Manhattan put over 2 Boxes for report of a car fire on the Harlem River Drive. That was made a 10-31.

🌟 PRE ARRIVAL 🌟 FDNY Bronx 10-24 Fully Involved Vehicle Fire

Last edited:

“{ FDNY BOX 2260 ~ BRONX }”…..”{ **PRE ARRIVAL** VIDEO OF THE FDNY OPERATING FOR A CAR FIRE ON EXTERIOR STREET IN THE GRAND CONCOURSE AREA OF THE BRONX IN NEW YORK CITY }”…..
So we are worried about cancer in the fire service. Washing of bunker gear, 2nd set of bunkers, increased screening, etc. A car fire - with all the plastics and synthetics is among the worst carcinogen producing smoke you can place your face into. Nozzle and backup should have masks on so they can enjoy their retirement.

I watched a You Tube video of a fire in (if I remember correctly) Norway. It was an auto repair shop. After the companies finished "taking up", a van arrived with fresh bunker gear for each member. The swap was made right there, with the used gear being sealed in heavy plastic bags. Interesting concept.

Some departments I think have taken it too far. Some are going to this “clean cab” concept. This means no scba or bunker gear in the cab. These departments want their firefighters to dress out and mask up at the fire scene! WTF. If my house is on fire you better show up coming off the rig ready to go to work. The work we do is inherently dangerous and there are steps we can do to reduce risk but we will never eliminate it.

Some departments I think have taken it too far. Some are going to this “clean cab” concept. This means no scba or bunker gear in the cab. These departments want their firefighters to dress out and mask up at the fire scene! WTF. If my house is on fire you better show up coming off the rig ready to go to work. The work we do is inherently dangerous and there are steps we can do to reduce risk but we will never eliminate it.
Thats just plain stupid, No SCBA or bunker gear in the Cab? Masking up at the scene is one thing, but just dressing out at the scene causes a delay no matter how little time it takes for the company to turn out and get to the call. Are these Departments just doing it to improve response times and look good or do they actually think "clean cab" concepts are actually working?