Fire Commissioner To Resign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder. My feeling is Hodgens, because of the fact that he has been absent at department events and Esposito has been acting COD. I'm wondering if this has been in the works for a bit, and JH put in his papers and will take the job once he is officially retired.
But, we shall see.
Hodgens Is Currently Out On An Injury, Getting Surgery.

To be frank, some of the guesses listed above are bizarre. It might be worthwhile for some folks to spend ten minutes researching the history and background of past appointments before pronouncing who the candidate should be. Note: most prior commissioners have not, in fact, been former Chiefs of Department. Note: they will also not simply select from among a group of two chiefs you happen to know the name of.

Here's my two cents: for better or worse (often worse) the current administration has placed such a high value on their DEI initiatives that I would be shocked if the successful candidate does not fit that agenda. There is a former FDNY First Deputy Commissioner who worked his way through the front-line ranks and seems to be very highly regarded by the uniformed members who also happens to be African American. I cannot imagine there are many others who would fit all that criteria. Hopefully they give that option a close look and don't simply appoint another political hack who has no respect for the FD.

To be frank, some of the guesses listed above are bizarre. It might be worthwhile for some folks to spend ten minutes researching the history and background of past appointments before pronouncing who the candidate should be. Note: most prior commissioners have not, in fact, been former Chiefs of Department. Note: they will also not simply select from among a group of two chiefs you happen to know the name of.

Here's my two cents: for better or worse (often worse) the current administration has placed such a high value on their DEI initiatives that I would be shocked if the successful candidate does not fit that agenda. There is a former FDNY First Deputy Commissioner who worked his way through the front-line ranks and seems to be very highly regarded by the uniformed members who also happens to be African American. I cannot imagine there are many others who would fit all that criteria. Hopefully they give that option a close look and don't simply appoint another political hack who has no respect for the FD.

Some of us here know of that highly respected FDNY Deputy Commissioner who worked his way up through the ranks.
A few years ago we were introduced to him by a member of this web site.
"HFN01" - you must be referring to FDNY Deputy Commissioner Turner.
But - word was that when he retired he just wanted to spend time with his family, including I think a couple of grandkids.
I think he also left the State of NY.

"Are you responsible for other things besides putting out fires or, I should say, extinguishing fires?" she asks. We have had commissioners in this job, I think to myself, who would not be capable of phrasing a question so well.

Dennis Smith: " Report From Engine Co. 82"

I just read the article from the NY Post about this whole debacle.

According to the Post and its sources, she "was pushed out after she burned too many bridges with rank-and-file Bravest." There's also a report that she texted the NY Attorney General "an apology for failing to “fix” sexist men in the department’s workforce." Exact Quote from the Text Message is, “I am sorry that we didn’t stop them,"

Councilwoman Joann Ariola, who heads up the Cities Fire Committe tweeted "If there was one thing that needed to be fixed in the @FDNY, it was her, and I am glad that the administration has come to this decision before she was able to do any more damage to the men and women of New York’s Bravest,”

Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.