8/4/24 Bronx Box ???? Off Duty FF Assists MVA Victim

From the FDNY Facebook page:

"I noticed a car that was crashed into the elevated train pillar. As I looked closer, I noticed a person slumped over and unconscious. I got out of my car and checked the person to see if they had a pulse and there was none. I removed him from the vehicle and began CPR. I made sure other bystanders had called 911. I did CPR for approximately two to three minutes and three EMS units, and an Engine Company arrived on scene,” said FDNY Captain Jose Grullon, who on Sunday morning while off-duty assisted in resuscitating a person who had experienced a cardiac arrest in the Bronx. FDNY EMS units from Station 3, Station 15 and Engine 97 took over care from Capt. Grullon and worked cohesively and intensely to give this individual the best chance at survival.
Captain Grullon said: “Although we are trained in CPR as first responders, this isn’t only a skill for first responders, this is an important skill for everyone to know. You never know when your family member, your neighbor, your coworker might need this lifesaving intervention. I am just happy I was in the right place at the right time. Everyone should be prepared in case they are put in a position to help save someone’s life.”

2.jpg