Search results

  1. 6.jpg

    6.jpg

  2. 5.jpg

    5.jpg

  3. 3.jpg

    3.jpg

  4. 4.jpg

    4.jpg

  5. raybrag

    Hampton VA Working Fire 8/18/26

    On August 18, 2026, at approximately 8:35 a.m., Hampton Public Safety Communications received a call for a residential structure fire in the 0 block of Gibson Road. The caller noted that they could see smoke visible from Mercury Boulevard. Hampton Division of Fire and Rescue (HDFR) units were...
  6. 5.jpg

    5.jpg

  7. 3.jpg

    3.jpg

  8. 4.jpg

    4.jpg

  9. raybrag

    Glenpool OK 3 Gasoline Storage Tanks Fire & Explosion after Lightning Strike 8/17/26

    https://www.newson6.com/tulsa-oklahoma-news/glenpool-roads-closed-after-gas-fire-officials-say https://ktul.com/news/local/liquid-natural-gas-tank-fire-forces-evacuations-in-glenpool-08-17-2026
  10. raybrag

    Woman Jumps to Safety in Tower Ladder . . . Berlin Germany 8/15/26

    I bow to your informed opinion, Cap. My actual fire service experience is only a few months as a volunteer on Long Island while I was waiting for my enlistment date in the USAF. And I'm aware of Pompier ladders from watching the old Jim Davis show, "Rescue 8" in the late '50s. I've never...
  11. raybrag

    Television from a different time

    I saw Bob Hope twice on Guam. He always stopped there on the way back from Viet Nam. Both he and all of the folks with him were exhausted from all the shows they had put on in Viet Nam, but they put on one heck of a show for us. Some of the routines with Bob and Jerry Colonna had everyone...
  12. raybrag

    Floral Park NY (Nassau) Working Fire 8/16/26

    Erroneously reported as New Hyde Park NY in another post Aug 16, 2026 210 Lowell Ave. Floral Park NY On arrival, a working fire was transmitted for fire conditions in the rear of the house. Floral Park Fire Department Hook & Ladder Co. 2 arrived . Fire in a private dwelling, mutual aid plan...
  13. 3.jpg

    3.jpg

  14. raybrag

    Woman Jumps to Safety in Tower Ladder . . . Berlin Germany 8/15/26

    It's tough to compare an FDNY tower ladder to a European or Japanese rig. A Metz, Magirus or Morita tower ladder is a much lighter weight rig than the Baker (or Seagrave). In addition, the "basket" is considerably smaller and much flimsier than the Baker. The allowable weight in the basket is...
  15. raybrag

    Woman Jumps to Safety in Tower Ladder . . . Berlin Germany 8/15/26

    Gotcha, Phil. I was having a senior moment when I asked the question. I was thinking that the LSR was the rope members can use when in an untenable situation rather than dive out a window. My bad. Thanks for your reply. Ray
  16. raybrag

    Woman Jumps to Safety in Tower Ladder . . . Berlin Germany 8/15/26

    Who would have had the rope, Phil? The woman? The FF below her? I don't understand your saying it would be a perfect opportunity for the LSR (most likely because of my feeble brain's lack of knowledge about LSR techniques).
  17. raybrag

    Two Dead, Hundreds Evacuated in Greek Island Wildfire 8/16/26

    https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c87nnwlpe5no
  18. raybrag

    Woman Jumps to Safety in Tower Ladder . . . Berlin Germany 8/15/26

    https://www.nbcnews.com/world/germany/woman-leaps-11th-floor-ledge-firefighters-arms-berlin-high-rise-burns-rcna592815
  19. raybrag

    York County VA Technical Rescue 8/10/26

    At 6:36 PM, emergency response teams were dispatched to address a report of a tree fallen on a vehicle, trapping an individual inside, in the York County Station 1 area. Subsequent information indicated that two trees were, in fact, on the vehicle. There was a severe thunderstorm in the area...
  20. 8.jpg

    8.jpg

Back
Top