Search results

  1. K

    Trainer Borough, Delaware County PA, 2 Alarm Structure Fire 9/29/26

    Surprised Claymont from New Castle DE isn't on this box. I think they used to be on all Marcus Hook/Trainer boxes and their station is only 4 miles from the scene.
  2. K

    9/30/26 Brooklyn 10-75 Box 3047

    The problem is that they're already everywhere. I live in a fairly rural community and see kids on them all day long. They're in every town and every city. It'd be almost impossible to roll back on them now.
  3. K

    Reserve apparatus

    I don't know where each reserve is kept but if E501 was stored at E33 would they go in service as E501 acting E33 or are they completely independent once they go in service?
  4. K

    East Newark, NJ 5th Alarm Fire (9/23/26)

    So ENFD is a volunteer dept that only does roughly 70 calls per year? They must have a very small area, as looking on Google it appears to be a densely populated urban area. Do the surrounding career departments rely on them for mutual aid?
  5. K

    Adds on the Website

    I find that I get adds for things I've recently searched for. Recently the adds overtaking the screen are for On Cloud sneakers which I recently purchased.
  6. K

    ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.

    Rest in peace Chief Manson. I enjoyed all of his stories on this site. To think of the amount of fires this man went to in his assignments at E50 and E82 is incredible.
  7. K

    9/22/26 Queens 10-75 Box 6754

    Is 251 at least a 5 man engine? Can't think of too many places where a first due engine operates alone for as long as they do.
  8. K

    9/22/26 Queens 10-75 Box 2220

    Odd box number for the area.
  9. K

    9/17/26 Manhattan 10-75 Box 364

    It's been a while since I worked in the area, but I know they used to try pretty hard to keep Houston and the Bowery moving during San Gennaro if that's what you were reffering to.
  10. K

    Temporary Relocations

    Any update on 287/136? When is that slated to be done?
  11. K

    9/14/26 Queens 10-75 Box 4512

    During the daytime 295 probably has an easier run across 14 Ave to CPB than 273 does navigating the Rosy & Main area.
  12. K

    9/10/26 Brooklyn 2nd Alarm 185

    Never realize Maspeth Ave continued west of Newtown Creek. Guess I'm a Queens kid who never paid much attention to that industrial area.
  13. K

    9/11/26 Brooklyn 10-75 Box 744

    That's a pretty good run for 140. I would think 176 or 108 would be ahead of them, but maybe other activity going on.
  14. K

    Random Fire House Pictures

    Capt. E15 didn't move the same time E17 was closed. E15 was on Henry St for the years I worked in lower Manhattan as a paramedic and TL18 and B4 were by themselves on Pitt St. That was from 1995-2002. I'm not sure what year E17 was closed, but I don't remember ever seeing 17.
  15. K

    Random Fire House Pictures

    It's too bad more of those old firehouse couldn't be maintained and kept as active firehouses. I was in E15's Henry St firehouse many times and just being in there and thinking about how it must have been in the horse drawn era was really cool.
  16. K

    9/9/26 Manhattan 10-77 Box 458 (Delayed)

    One of those streets that if you're not familiar with area it can be hard to find.
  17. K

    9/7/26 Brooklyn All Hands Box 0203

    E212 used to be 2nd due.
  18. K

    9/5/26 Brooklyn All Hands Box 328

    What was the staffing on Utility Unit 1?
  19. K

    9/2/26 Queens 10-75 Box 4225

    Doug I could be wrong, but the job was 79 pl between Furmanville and JVR, which puts in closer to 80/Furmanville than it does 79 pl/Metro. I would think that from Grand Ave that 287/136 could easily beat 286/135 and 291/140 to Furmanville. Not sure the same could be said of them coming from 57...
  20. K

    Brooklyn 2026 First Due and Greater Alarm Statistics

    Imagine telling someone in the 1980's that 277 would have 1 first due 10-75
Back
Top