Search results

  1. 8

    My younger Buff years

    I somehow never really looked at this thread too much until the last month or so, when I read through all 93 pages, and looked at most of the links to videos and audio recordings. I can't believe I didn't look at it before. It is truly amazing to get the first hand stories from both the...
  2. 3-23-78 K 10-10-767 (boro call) scene from 7-18-77.jpg

    3-23-78 K 10-10-767 (boro call) scene from 7-18-77.jpg

  3. 8

    Carteret NJ FD Marine Unit Scuttled by Whale 7/3/26

    That is why there are whale watching boats leaving from Sheepshead Bay and the Jersey shore a few times a week! Whales have shown up even in the East River and well up the Hudson!
  4. 8

    Extra Marine Units Sail 250 Inservice Dates

    I happened to be on Lafayette the other day and saw a Rescue 1 truck at Ladder 20's quarters. Would that have been the reserve apparatus?
  5. 8

    7/4/26 Bronx 2nd Alarm Box 4084

    Address 234 Kearney Ave at Lawton Ave. Rundown going to be difficult with companies taking up from the all hands and taking it in instead of companies initially assigned.
  6. DSC08454 TL162,etc.JPG

    DSC08454 TL162,etc.JPG

  7. 8

    6/26/26 Queens 3rd Alarm Box 4327

    TL 162 was at the scene prior to transmission of the 3rd
  8. 8

    Island Park NY (Nassau) 3d Alarm 6/13/26

    A friend had suggested eating lunch there on Saturday, but we went elsewhere. Major surprise to find out about this a day later!
  9. 8

    Engine 237 10-13

    As sick as this is, similar things have happened in other cities over the years. I think both Philadelphia and Detroit have had this on more than one occasion. People do incredibly stupid things when they are drinking and in large crowds.
  10. 8

    6/13/26 Queens 10-75 Box 6135

    Under control 2311 hours
  11. 8

    6/4/26 Somerset County PA 80 Vehicles Trapped in PA Turnpike Tunnel Fire

    What kind of vehicle caused all that fire right by the entrance?
  12. 8

    6/2/26 Queens 2nd Alarm Box 4624

    Makes sense that 320 should be due before 274, almost a straight shot down Francis Lewis.
  13. 8

    5/20/26 Queens 10-77 Box 4483

    A sign in front of the complex says Carlyle Skyline Towers. I think it may have just been Carlyle at one time.
  14. 8

    5/11/26 Queens 10-75 Box 6297

    They were on a run at the time.
  15. 8

    Fire Activity - 2026

    I'm curious - does anyone know the last time there were 3 five alarm fires in Queens in one month?
  16. 8

    4/30/26 Queens 5th Alarm Box 4676

    The fire in Astoria was reportedly caused by an idiot using a torch on the roof of a wood frame house. Not technically arson, but incredible stupidity, enough to warrant his arrest.
  17. 8

    4/25/26 Queens 10-75 Box 6950

    The building is still under construction, so I doubt there were any cars in there.
  18. 8

    4/23/26 Queens 5th Alarm Box 7509

    I think this is where part of the problem is. The limit of 5 alarms is wonderful statistically, but hides the reality. At least to me, the special calls of many trucks above whatever alarm is transmitted is also producing misleading statistics.
  19. 8

    4/10/26 Queens 5th Alarm Box 4553

    That is intended as a natural wetland. The water isn't real deep, and would be dried in no time. I had walked through there in the early 1990s before it was set aside and the water then was up to my knees, and there were still hangars standing then.
  20. 8

    3/31/26 Queens 3rd Alarm Box 1602

    Looking at Google maps, that will be tough from the land. Hopefully the boats can get in there.
Back
Top