03/06/2013 Birthday Greetings

AuxWarYearsCapt

Have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY  to the one and only G-MAN ........Your knowledge is very appreciated 

68jk09

Happy Birthday G Man....Best Wishes for many more.  .............ALSO........Happy Birthday  Lucky....Best Wishes for many more.

nfd2004

Happy 39th (?) Birthday guys. Or is it your 40th. I forget.

AuxWarYearsCapt

Happy Birthday to you also  LUCKY..........Sorry I did not mean to disrespect you, I did not no it was your birthday also.............

Doug

raybrag

Tom:

Knowing your THIRD favorite pastime (after kitbashing & run card research in the basement) is MUSIC, I thought you might like this:

How Old Are You Now?

Happy Birthday!

lucky

Thanks guys for the greetings. To Lone 319 Wolf: It is interesting to read your posts as I have a little history from Glendale. I spent some really early years on 81st Rd. off Myrtle Ave. My grandfather and father both finished their careers in 140 Truck. I worked a few tours with my father on Metropolitan Ave. when we interchanged with 291 from Bushwick in the early 70s. We would also meet on some of the Ridgewood boxes and a few Bushwick boxes that 140 responded on when 112 was still on Madison St.

AuxWarYearsCapt

Lucky...........I was somewhat confussed when the job came out with the interchange list.........I really could not understand what powers to be actually figured out what company should interchange with what company....As you stated in certain areas the two companys that were interchanged for the night would actually run into together on the same boxes......If E 319 had a run on the then Interboro Pkwy E 332 would also be assigned to the same box. This is a mild example of units interchanged running in together.........As far as a Lower Ridgewood Box E 291 & L 140 would be assigned along with the rest being Bushwick companys...........The companys that went from the Queens to Bronx never had this issue.........L 140 back in the days had a few guys that I new.......Capt. Vommerhausen who was from L 103 and Gene Hummel who transferred to E 319..........His two sons are now on the job, one recently transferred from E 314 to E 251 and his other son is a seated chauffer in L 140 and also I cant forget Richie Casta who transferred from E 319 to L 140................Thanks for the old memories Lucky.........I just floated back in time of the war years again