08/05/07 - Bronx - 2nd Alarm

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Bronx,  N. Y.  08/05/07  @  13:45 hrs.

Kings  Bridge  Section

B0x  3502

address:              2840  Bailey  Ave.  x  East  229th.  St.

3502  @  13:35

Engs.  81,  75,  52

Lad.  37,  Lad.  52

Batt.  27

10 ? 75 ? 3502  @  13:39

TowerLadder  33  is  designated  as  the  ?FAST?  Truck

Eng.  95

Rescue Co. #3

Squad  Co. #61

Batt.  13

Division  7

Fire  Building:

6  Story  Brick  150 x 100  O. M. D.

All ? Hands:

7 ? 5 ? 3502  @  13:41

Batt.  27  reports:    Box  3502,  All ? Hands  on  arrival.    Extra  Engine  &  Truck.

Fire  on  the  4th,.  floor  of  a  6  story  brick  occupied  multiple  dwelling.

We  have  ( 1 )  10 ? 45  No  Code  at  this  time.    Primary  searches  delayed 

due  to  a  Collyer?s  Mansion  condition.

@  13:41

Engine  42  &  TowerLadder  46  are  s/c

2nd.  Alarm:

2 ? 2 ? 3502  @  13:50

Engs.  79,  48,  88

Lad.  36

Eng.  72  w /  Satellite  2

Batt.  19  ?Safety  Officer?

Batt.  18  ?Resource  Unit  Leader?

Rescue  Battalion  /  Safety  Battalion

Fieldcom  1  /  Tac  Support  Unit #1

@  13:56

Division  7:    Box  3502,    The  10 ? 45  is  a  Code  2.

Fire  has  been  knocked  down  on  the  4th.  &  5th.  floor.    Fire  is  being  knocked  down

on  the  6th.  floor.    Primary  searches  are  still  delayed  due  to  the  Collyer?s  Mansion  condition.

@  13:58

Division  7:    Box  3502,    Primary  searches  on  the  4th.  &  5th.  floors  are  negative.

Primary  search  still  being  conducted  on  the  6th.  floor.   

@  14:01

Division  7:    Box  3502,    All  primary  searches  are  complete  and  negative  at  this  time  with  the

exception  of  the  ( 1 )  10 ? 45  Code  2.      Secondary  searches  will  be  delayed  due  to  the 

Collyer?s  Mansion  condition.      Fire  is  Probably  Will  Hold.

@  14:06

Division  7:    Box  3502,    Secondary  searches  are  negative  in  the  Fire  Apt.  on  the  4th.  floor.

Secondary  searches  are  continuing  on  the  5th.  &  6th.  floors.    Still  Probably  Will  Hold.

@  14:19

Division  7:    At  Box  3502,    All  secondary  searches  are  complete  and  negative.

Fire  is  UnderControl

Why is Engine 75 the busiest company in the city is it because they respond basically everywhere ... there the extra engine basically every job i see... whetther its over on third ave and 181 or 229th street and bailey avenue there second due when i see them at jobs on the concourse and 171 stree... where are they located on walton ave...

F

fdce54

I don't know how familiar you are with the Bronx or if you are even from the Bronx but E75 is located at the intersection of Walton Ave and Cameron Pl with the truck bays being on Cameron Pl. Cameron Pl is between E 181 St and E 182 St. Walton Ave is one block east of Jerome Ave not too far from your firehouse. As for responding to W 229 St and Bailey Ave, that is not as far away as it sounds. The street numbers in the Bronx and Manhattan do not correspond. For instance if E92 is responding to Washington Heights over the Washington bridge, the Bronx side of the Washington Bridge is between W 170 St and W 174 St but it is W 181 St on the Manhattan side of the bridge. The same condition exists further north. Kingsbridge Rd is between E 194 and E 195 St's but as you head west when it goes down the hill to Bailey Ave it ends at W. 225 St. In this section of the Bronx (Kingsbridge, Marble Hill and Riverdale) the streets use the Manhattan street numbering system. So W 229 St at Bailey Ave is more likely W 199 St using the Bronx street numbers, Not that far away from E 182 St. Some time when you have a chance, look at the section of this site that shows the maps of firehouse locations of the boroughs. Check the Bronx. You will see that in the lower half of the Bronx there are more firehouses located closer together than in the North and East section of the borough. A friend of mine detailed to E48 one time commented to me that he was surprised at how far north E48 responded on some of it's runs. As for E75, there are only two more firehouses to the northwest of them in the Bronx, 81/46 at W 230 & Bailey Ave and 52/52 at W 246 St & Henry Hudson Pkwy so they do make some long runs up into that section of the Bronx. As for running down to E 171 St and GC, Walton Ave is 2 blocks west of the GC and 10 blocks south of E 181 St. Again not that far away. The Bronx is a small borough, so getting around is not too difficult. Also look at Brooklyn. Brooklyn has twice as many engines as trucks so you have a lot of trucks there picking up a lot of runs and osw due to that fact. So don't get mad at E75 for being busy. They didn't create the situation they are in but they have to deal with it.

B

box8087

my friend, that is absolute the best reply to that question I've ever heard... everybody got it, k. Thanks for your brilliant summing up the whole situation of E 75 (Animal House).

All I wanna say in addition to this is a short dedication and prayer to FF Michael C. Reilly who had his last alarm in 2006, August 27, for E 75 in Da Bronx - he's true a fallen hero...., we should bow down for him.

STAY SAFE and keep on taking care of business Engine 75 ... take another run

my dad wokrs in engine 92 n i used to g to work with him... i love the FDNY ... im pretty familar wit the south bronx from like E180 down E155 cuz i used to go to work wit him all the time... n i used to see 75 at all the jobs over there ...thanks for the reply!