E-33,28,5,55
L-9,11,3(fast)
B-6,4
D-1
R-1
Sq-18

Extras Engine 15 Ladder 20

E28, E5, E33, L11, L9

Was a good job for first due companies,  things got hectic when the occupant opened the rear door and nearly torched the first due truck.  L11s ironsman had all his Gear confiscated by safety Bn.

Only got my helmet back, everything else was destroyed....coat burned through all the layers of the left side and pants where close to it.....my hood has a nice outline were my ear was....and my gloves melted.  All that and all I have are 2nd degree burns to my fingers and left ear....I am luuuuuuucky!  The door being opened in the rear blew the fire through us, I took most of the beating because I was infront of everyone....it was like a open door on a project building....blow torch effect.  The can man did a great job of holding the fire back as much as he could.  

LosBomberos - I am also glad nothing too serious happened to you - however, any kind of burn is not a good thing! Sounds like your back on your feet and ready to go though!!

Most importantly thank you for your service and your willingness to put your self in harms way for the people of the City of New York

Crazy Question Los Bomberos, did you have the blaze fighter gloves? Glad you are ok, although nothing good about hand burns!

Los Bomberos, all the best with getting back on the run Bro, hope your not  in too much pain, scratching your ear is going to be a painfull experience for some time!!!!  ;D

Im sure the guys at 28/11 will have a sympathetic reception for you when you return!! :D ;D

JT

CFDMarshal said:
Crazy Question Los Bomberos, did you have the blaze fighter gloves? Glad you are ok, although nothing good about hand burns!

No, I purchased a pair of Eska 3 years ago and have been wearing them.  The damage to the gloves would make one think my whole hand was vaporized but they held up really well.  I plan to purchase a new pair.

I am healing up pretty well, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt!  I am just glad eveything worked out.  I own my butt to L11 can man, officer and E28.