10/17/2010 All Hands 10-77 Box 943

Address: Columbus Ave @ W. 60th St (Upper West Side District)

E-40,23,54,74,8,44
L-35,4,25,16,2
B-9,8,10,11
Sq-18
R-1
D-3
E-39 w/ H.R 2
Fc-1
RB,SB
Tac-1
Rac-1

The Box is 943

Anybody have any info on this? St Paul's R.C. Church is on the S/W/C and Fordham Law School on the N/W/C. Northeast and southeast corners (Coliseum Parks Apts) are apt buildings.

This area is on the cusp of several neighborhoods - Upper West side works here but you are right on the border of Hells Kitchen, Clinton and Midtown North - all depends on your map and who you speak to - with that said Hells Kitchen and Upper West side are the more prominent names that are used in this general area

I am not familiar with the usage of Lower West side for this area - I think Upper West Side would be a better choice - you are on the most southerly end of the Upper West Side which is I think what you are trying to say.

It is also community district 7

DISTRICT 7
North- Cathedral Parkway
East- Central Park West
South- Northern Boundary of Columbus Circle, West
60th Street, Columbus Ave, West 59th St
West- Hudson River

That's the Coliseum Park Apt on the S/E/C of 60th and Columbus - my son lives in the sister Coliseum Park Apt on the N/E/C of 58th and Columbus - he can't tell me what happened as he is at the Giant's game which I can't watch because of the Cablevision dispute.  Thanks Cablevision and Channel 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Lincoln Center not Lincoln Square - some people refer to the area that is within the environs of the Lincoln Center complex as Lincoln Center such as the Fordham University Campus at Lincoln Center!!

efd274 said:
It's Lincoln Center not Lincoln Square - some people refer to the area that is within the environs of the Lincoln Center complex as Lincoln Center such as the Fordham University Campus at Lincoln Center!!

It's Lincoln Center as efd states. This from a graduate of Fordham Univesity at Lincoln Center.  :) ;) ;D ;) :)

Does it really matter what the name of the neighborhood is?? If you can see it on a map, that's where it is.

B

Bigandy

FDNY150 said:
Does it really matter what the name of the neighborhood is?? If you can see it on a map, that's where it is.

^^That's what I'm saying!  8)

Lived in NYC all my life .....never heard the term "district " used to refer to anyplace.

68jk09 said:
Lived in NYC all my life .....never heard the term "district " used to refer to anyplace.

Theater District, Garment District, Meat Packing District........

And it is Lincoln Square, but hey who cares, for our interest, its Engine 40's first due district!!

The term district is not used to refer to areas in general by Members of the FDNY...with the exception of a Companys  Administrative District which relates only to B.I. matters & is separate from a Companys Response AREA 1 st, 2nd, 3rd Due etc ...not district.....yes there are a few areas refered to as districts as stated in the reply above but this term is basically used by realestate people & yuppies .....generally not part of FDNY jargon.