12/10/10 Person pinned between train and platform

In2theJob said:
One transit worker at the scene said it took about 20 minutes before a contractor arrived and was able to climb into a platform manhole to work on the extender's hydraulics. After about 10 more minutes, he removed a tube from the device, releasing air pressure so the victim could be freed by cops, sources said.

Firefighters arrived several minutes after that and removed the man, the MTA worker said.

Any one have the real story?  20 minutes for us to get there? Hard to believe

i was listening in when this box came through, didnt really think anything of the significance of the box, but my guess is, if there is an issue to be addressed, its before Fd got the call.

They did their best with info they recieved, i think there is a political issue here????

JT

Bulldog

Bulldog
Rodent251 said:
They did their best with info they recieved, i think there is a political issue here????
How could you possibly think that?  Hopefully somebody will be able to post the actual FDNY call log to show the times for the response.  According to this story it was about 30 minutes before they arrived which we know couldn't possibly be true.

It all depends on how PD puts it in, and how EMS puts it in. It's not out of the realm of possibility to say there was a delay in notification.

Bulldog

Bulldog
FDNY150 said:
It all depends on how PD puts it in, and how EMS puts it in. It's not out of the realm of possibility to say there was a delay in notification.
You mean that the Universal Call Taker system could cause a problem?  Imagine that!

Bulldog said:
FDNY150 said:
You mean that the Universal Call Taker system could cause a problem?  Imagine that!

It's not UCT. It's PD Procedure. If they put it in as a 54R, which is an aided case, rescue job, it doesn't have to be routed to FD. This is on the word of a 911 Supervisor I had a discussion with a few weeks ago when they got a report of a person under a train in Brooklyn and did not notify FD. Now, if EMS puts it in as a Trauma, we get it. Persons under a train should be routed to us, but I think we're beating our heads against the wall on this one.