12/5/21 Scanner Feeds

450HBVFDret

I think he was referring to OpenMHZ.

Broadcastify is still no audio
My continuing question is WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ??? No audio?? Found out that about BACKBLAZE OUTAGE...THIS IS a software app for sites to detect viruses and hackers,trouble etc. Apparently most of the SCANNER SITES HAVE OR HAVING PROBLEMS in transmissions due to HACKERS,SIGNAL BLOCKERS, ETC.

memorymaster

Regarding Open MHZ, (I'm listening to FDNY) and I notice that it slowly drops back in time. Example; @2:45 I'm hearing a 2:30 or so transmission. I 'sweep' upward on the phone face and get to the latest transmission. I know I sound wacka-doodle but I'm at loss on how to explain.

rangermsg1

Regarding Open MHZ, (I'm listening to FDNY) and I notice that it slowly drops back in time. Example; @2:45 I'm hearing a 2:30 or so transmission. I 'sweep' upward on the phone face and get to the latest transmission. I know I sound wacka-doodle but I'm at loss on how to explain.
My pure guess: Open MHZ records and then plays every communication across all the boroughs. So multiple boroughs can be transmitting simultaneously. Open MHZ records all communications, queues them up and plays them in sequence. So if there is a lot of chatter across boroughs, it "backs up".

grumpy grizzly

I just hope we do not get into a situation where these scanner feeds will not be allowed. Living in Central Illinois when the weather turns bad, such as last night, we lose dish service. I can log onto McClean County so I can see what is going on county-wise which is Illinois largest area wise. I can then advise people in my small community of 1500 via FB.

memorymaster

My pure guess: Open MHZ records and then plays every communication across all the boroughs. So multiple boroughs can be transmitting simultaneously. Open MHZ records all communications, queues them up and plays them in sequence. So if there is a lot of chatter across boroughs, it "backs up".
Thank you Ranger

nfd2004

Broadcastify's FDNY scanner feed is back up and running normally.

Thank you for that info “tcu712”

I guess Santa got my letter to the North Pole.
It said:
“Please Santa, give us back the FDNY scanner feeds. We’ve all been good”

Happy Days are here again

Mon7sey114

I just want to know why OpenMHZ has so much less background noise than Broadcastify. OpenMHZ is clear as a bell compared to Broadcastify. The timing feature is weird though. It's definitely because everything is recorded and then put into the queue... Like was stated earlier, if Da Bronx and Queens have a radio transmission at the same time, on Broadcastify, they'd just step on each other but it would stay in real time. On OpenMHZ, both radio transmissions get recorded and then played in sequence, thereby losing real time and backing up the rest of the radio transmissions going forward. I can imagine that if there's an extended period of some dead air, the queue could technically catch back up to real time. But good to know there's an alternative option to Broadcastify.

Lad27der

So when are the individual Borough fire feeds coming back on Line?? anyone?? Bueller, Bueller?

grumpy grizzly

Thank you for that info “tcu712”

I guess Santa got my letter to the North Pole.
It said:
“Please Santa, give us back the FDNY scanner feeds. We’ve all been good”

Happy Days are here again
Guess Santa Claus got the real low-down on you!