1930s fire cat

Thanks for that post, sure don't see that everyday, or in my case NEVER have..

I sure remember the picture of that housewatch desk in the old Rescue 2 quarters w/Eng 210 on Carlton Ave. It was my favorite hang out when I first got introduced to the FDNY. I think about it now, and I probadly drove those poor guys nuts with my questions back in the day.
  But more to the point here. When I first went on the job in the Norwich F.D. back in 1975, we also had a cat. Its name was "Morris", and "Morris" had more rights than I did as a Probie. Morris was a Truckie. He would ride in the bed of that tractor trailer ladder truck, but never rode the Engine. "Morris" would also roam the neighborhood and apparently turned out to be a Lady. One day, as a result of her street activity, Morris got a Big Belly. Sure enough, had a set of kittens. And she decided to have them one night in the bed of that ladder truck she always rode in. True story, Morris and her five little kitty's would ride that rig to the calls, day and night.
  The NY Times did a story on her and the kittens. I wish I had that article and a few pictures of her. Her five kittens went to a good home. Two guys from the firehouse took one each.
  Morris was taken away from us when she ran into the street and got hit by an ambulance responding to a call. The owner of that private ambulance company later bought us a dalmation dog. We had a contest to name him. The prize was a savings bond. The local newspaper posted the story and ran the contest. All the names were posted in it. He was named "Nero" which means fire, I think in Greek. But "Nero" is another story for another day.
  Rest in Peace "Morris, the Firehouse Cat".