2/4/2012 All Hands Bronx Box 4523

take that bloomy. city island does have fires at least once a year and needs to be protected at al times

In honor of E70/TL53's all hands, I have a question about there unique first due area:  do they leave City Island much...say for a job near E66 or E38, or for a relocation, or anything in Pelham Bay Park?  I simply never hear them on the radio.  Just curious

70/53 do not leave the island. If they go to work on the island or leave for administrative reasons another unit must relocate there.

The bridge leading to City Island can be raised and lowered to allow boat traffic to pass. Were 70/53 off the island and the bridge raised (or stuck open) there would be no fire protection for the citizens. Its a policy in effect for over a century.

3511 said:
70/53 do not leave the island. If they go to work on the island or leave for administrative reasons another unit must relocate there.

The bridge leading to City Island can be raised and lowered to allow boat traffic to pass. Were 70/53 off the island and the bridge raised (or stuck open) there would be no fire protection for the citizens. Its a policy in effect for over a century.

A few corrections:

53 Truck leaves the island for boxes around Orchard Beach and Split Rock Golf course.

53 Truck is not a must cover unit.

The City Island Bridge is not a draw bridge. Units can access City Island.

scamall dubh said:
3511 said:

A few corrections:

53 Truck leaves the island for boxes around Orchard Beach and Split Rock Golf course.

53 Truck is not a must cover unit.

The City Island Bridge is not a draw bridge. Units can access City Island.

But the bridges on Shore Rd. & the Hutchinson River Pkwy are.

Thanks for the update , Mike. I remember as a kid, when the City Island bridge was a draw. It would open to let fishing boats thru and back up traffic for miles on each side.

You sure about TL53 not being covered? Last fall they went to the Rock and TL17 spent the day on the Island. Swear I have heard that happen other times.

Old late 60's City Island assignment card, not sure what year but it's after L54 and before E66/L61. Also note special instructions on the back of the card: 

Attachments

• box 4523 Bx.jpg
    box 4523 Bx.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 256