2-8-76...THE LIBERTY AVE FIRE....TRIPLE LODDs.

Amen Chief. Continued Rest in Peace for those lost. Thoughts and prayers for their families at home and on the job.

www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=sRYiYMTxD5Km_QavhruYBg&q=119-23+LIBERTY+AVE+QNS+NY&oq=119-23+LIBERTY+AVE+QNS+NY&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIFCCEQoAEyBQghEKsCOhEILhCxAxCDARDHARCjAhCTAjoICAAQsQMQgwE6BQgAELEDOggILhCxAxCDAToCCC46AggAOgUILhCxAzoICC4QxwEQowI6CAguEMcBEK8BOgsILhCxAxDHARCvAToCCCY6BAgAEB46BggAEBYQHjoHCCEQChCgAVCyE1jAlwFgvKcBaABwAHgAgAFqiAHLDZIBBDI0LjGYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiEjom2gtzuAhUSU98KHS_DDmMQ4dUDCAw&uact=5 Today a TD Bank encompasses the site of the the three stores...a grocery at 119-21 Liberty Ave & a Butcher at 119-25 Liberty & the collapse store a Restaurant at 119-25 Liberty Ave on the corner of 120 St....LAD*126 used their old Battering Ram to breach a hole thru the brick wall into the collapse area....at the time there were only 4 Rescue Company's .......after the collapse with FD members trapped an order was transmitted for "all the Rescue's to respond "....R*4 was assigned by the QNS. Disp....R*1 & R*3 were assigned by the Manhattan Disp. (R*3 was quartered on 181 St in Manh. back then)..... due to a glitch somewhere in the communications network R*2 the 2nd closest Rescue was never notified.... I was working in 108 that night...we did not go...awhile into the job a fellow I knew in R*2 called me up & asked what was going on at the Third ?..... I told him it did not sound good as all the Rescues had been assigned ...he said what do you mean I am working tonight & we are in Qtrs ?....they never got assigned....I knew Stan Skinner 143 since I was in High School ... always a friendly guy..... https://www.nytimes.com/1976/02/14/...nd-funeral-of-3d-comrade-killed-at-blaze.html

Last edited:
That was another sad day for the FDNY.

Chief, once again I am sorry for the loss of your high school friend and Brother FDNY Firefighter.

May they all Rest in Peace.