2020 TUNNEL TO TOWERS EVENT.

BROTHERS ...in years past at this time of this day we would have been getting ready to report to the BKLYN side of the Battery Tunnel to prepare to run or walk or standing at the Manhattan side holding an FDNY Memorial picture for a BROTHER.....today in 2020 like many other normal functions it has changed....the Siller Foundation has asked for an alternative "ACT OF SERVICE" ....this does not mean "community service" like walking the highway picking up trash etc .....maybe helping a neighbor mow their lawn or doing something around your house that your wife has wanted taken care of.....in the past thru my 41 yrs OTJ if I was injured or working or whatever & had to miss out on an event I would always try to make it up with what I called a "DAY OF SERVICE" ( well maybe not all day ) & try to accomplish something I might not have done if I had attended the original event .....NEVER FORGET ! ...NEVER FORGIVE ! .

The words of a true gentleman who understands, and has a deep respect for, community service.

Well said, Chief. Bravo Zulu!!