3/15/22: Chief Jonas 7th Div. Retiring

Johnny D, I’ve heard that Chief Jonas has already retired maybe about two months ago

Maybe somebody here can confirm that

Thank you John D and Chief JK for that info.

A few years ago, several of us got to meet Deputy Chief Jonas, thanks to FDNY Retired Member, Dan Potter, aka "johnnygage".

Chief Jonas told us about the Newsletter he writes and the amount of work that goes into it.
He talked about his career as a member of the FDNY.
He loved the job.

We ALL enjoyed meeting you that day Chief
You treated us GREAT.
THANK YOU

Best Wishes to Chief Jonas on his retirement and THANK YOU for providing all of us with your very informative newsletter'
Of course we also want to thank Mike D., "mikeindabronx" for posting those newsletters on this site.

CONGRATULATIONS to Chief Jonas. Thank you for the impact you made on the fire service. Now a question. I noticed one section of the order dealing with VESTED RIGHTS RETIREMENT. Can someone explain what that is? Thank you in advance.

CONGRATULATIONS to Chief Jonas. Thank you for the impact you made on the fire service. Now a question. I noticed one section of the order dealing with VESTED RIGHTS RETIREMENT. Can someone explain what that is? Thank you in advance.
Means you are electing to leave prior to completing your retirement requirement. Entitled to a vested annuity based on your contributions into the pension system - but can’t collect anything until you hit your 20 or 25 years from date of hire.

Thank you John D and Chief JK for that info.

A few years ago, several of us got to meet Deputy Chief Jonas, thanks to FDNY Retired Member, Dan Potter, aka "johnnygage".

Chief Jonas told us about the Newsletter he writes and the amount of work that goes into it.
He talked about his career as a member of the FDNY.
He loved the job.

We ALL enjoyed meeting you that day Chief
You treated us GREAT.
THANK YOU

Best Wishes to Chief Jonas on his retirement and THANK YOU for providing all of us with your very informative newsletter'
Of course we also want to thank Mike D., "mikeindabronx" for posting those newsletters on this site.
Can someone point me in the right direction to find DC Jonas' newsletters on this site? Thanks.

Can someone point me in the right direction to find DC Jonas' newsletters on this site? Thanks.

"BernieD", I notice that you are new here.
I think when it comes to the FDNY, you've come to the RIGHT Place.

Here are just two examples of why.

In addition to Chief JK, "68jk09" recommendations, you can also go to "Search" in the upper right corner of this site.

Click on that and type in - D.C. Jonas Newsletter
Then by member - mikeindabronx

The entire list of D.C. Jonas Newsletters will come up going back to September, 2016

*** Please note:
1) Chief "68jk09", has presented us with a Wealth of Knowledge when it comes to questions regarding the FDNY, as well as FDNY history.
He also keeps us advised when an active or retired member of the FDNY passes away in "Another War Years Vet Passes" or "Another 9-11 Member Passes".
He is HIGHLY Respected by the members of the FDNY, as well the members of this site.
Everybody who knows him personally will tell you that.

2) Mike D, "mikeindabronx" is considered "Our Most Valuable Player" here on this site with now over 26,700 post
Mike, also has his own website - www.fdnysbravest.com where he recently added page 29 to his list of photos
His EXCELLENT PHOTOS have documented decades of the FDNYs Bravest in action.
The most recent Page 29 he calls - "2007 to present"

"BernieD", I notice that you are new here.
I think when it comes to the FDNY, you've come to the RIGHT Place.

Here are just two examples of why.

In addition to Chief JK, "68jk09" recommendations, you can also go to "Search" in the upper right corner of this site.

Click on that and type in - D.C. Jonas Newsletter
Then by member - mikeindabronx

The entire list of D.C. Jonas Newsletters will come up going back to September, 2016

*** Please note:
1) Chief "68jk09", has presented us with a Wealth of Knowledge when it comes to questions regarding the FDNY, as well as FDNY history.
He also keeps us advised when an active or retired member of the FDNY passes away in "Another War Years Vet Passes" or "Another 9-11 Member Passes".
He is HIGHLY Respected by the members of the FDNY, as well the members of this site.
Everybody who knows him personally will tell you that.

2) Mike D, "mikeindabronx" is considered "Our Most Valuable Player" here on this site with now over 26,700 post
Mike, also has his own website - www.fdnysbravest.com where he recently added page 29 to his list of photos
His EXCELLENT PHOTOS have documented decades of the FDNYs Bravest in action.
The most recent Page 29 he calls - "2007 to present"
Thanks so much for this information. I was able to access the newsletters no problem. Appreciate the help. BernieD

He will be officially Retired on 7-9-22.....a Great career.....Thank You for the many informative DV*7 Newsletters chronicling FDNY History.....Have a Long & Healthy Retirement.
I hope he was mentoring someone to pass that torch to, and continue the publication.
great information and lessons learned - a wealth of drill material for the kitchen table.