3/9/10 New EMS Station

M

mmattyphoto

The Daily News reporting a Ground breaking for a new EMS Station on the site of the old L39 in Woodlawn on E 233 st.

That's been in the works for a couple of years. If I remember right, it's going to replace the station running out of 63 Engine's old qtrs on WP Road. I think there was also some controversy a while back about a planned station they wanted to put in an area that was royally contaminated. Might be a different station than EMS BN 15.

M

mmattyphoto

Yes, this was in the plans for awhile. It should have done by now. Don't know what the hold up was.

FDNY150 said:
That's been in the works for a couple of years. If I remember right, it's going to replace the station running out of 63 Engine's old qtrs on WP Road. I think there was also some controversy a while back about a planned station they wanted to put in an area that was royally contaminated. Might be a different station than EMS BN 15.
Yes, I remember that "contaminated" station being in th Kingsbridge Hts. vicinity.

An EMS station was started on w230 st and Tibbett Ave and the soil was found contaminated, station was partially constructed at this time. Due to community issues and soil problem station was never finished and torn down. The new station being built now is on the site of L-39 former quarters, which was torn down after L-39 finally moved in with E-63 on E.233 st. I understand that their quarters will be undergoing a major renovation soon due to E-63 L-39 and Battalion 15 living in cramped quarters

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I saw something saying that the station was become home to EMS Batt 27.