4-22-08 Va. Beach, Va. Working Fire w/ S/C Private Dwelling

901 General Beauregard Drive
Between: General Stewart Dr. & General Longstreet Dr.
Fire in a Private Dwelling

1728: E8, E1, E3, TL8, Sq3, Bat1

1729: Safety1 responding from E8/TL8 quarters

1732: Safety1 "on scene, working fire, 1 story frame private dwelling"

1733: E14, Bat2, Bat8(PIO), Car6, Support8

1741: Bat1 "respond Va. Power"

1759: Bat1 "need 1 additional Engine"

1759: E16

1810: Car2 (Chief of Operations, R. Journigan)

1813: Bat1 "main body of fire knocked down, checking for extension"

1900: Bat1 "primary/secondary complete & negative. Exp A: street, Exp B: street, Exp C: yard, Exp D: similar detached, 3 lines in operation, under control. very extensive overhaul underway"

2050: Bat1 "command transferred to E8-A, Battalion1 available"

2132: E8-A "all units are available, all relocated companies can return home"

2134: run closed out

** I arrived 1st due on this one. heavy black smoke issuing from 2 car garage on arrival. Homeowner was backing 1 car out of the garage with the front end on fire. Once we stepped off the rig the garage lit off and was fully involved. Initial attack line was 1 3/4" with the always faithful 15/16" smooth bore. 2nd line was an 1 3/4" fog, 3rd line was a 2 1/2" fog. Fire in the garage was knocked down very well with the smoothie however, the attic access was left open when the fire started & there was heavy fire in the attic. There was also a huge amount of stored items in the attic; end to end & attic floor to roof. Fire did not make it to the living areas. There was considerable water damage in the living areas. There was one very minor Firefighter injury with no lost work time & no medical treatment required. Fire was caused by a massive short in the breaker box.

V

VbLadder11

Capt, you will be sad to know I rode on the busiest Engine in the Beach on relief the other day, and asked where the smoothies were....alas they had none....sad, all fogs...wtf......

V

VbLadder11

Even a dumb truckie knows that! Haha! I still remember ridin behind my boss on E2 tho! I know whats right and wrong! :)

Hey Maug; I'll be out of town until May 8th. Can you enter Va. Beach's workers for me?