5/21/21 Feeds Down

Signal73

Yes but the feeds are ran by a member here. And a lot of us use those feeds.

nfd2004

I am not sure what is going on

No response from the boss who supplies us with the feeds

Will try to contact him again tomorrow.

if nothing heard, later in the day I will contact jbendick, his father. Maybe he can help us.

nfd2004

According to the Boss, the All Boro Feed (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island) is down and he is working on it.

The rest are working.

Bulldog

Bulldog
I cant for the life of me figure out them out...do you just have to listen after its recorded or will it play live as they come in? thanks for the help
You can just as easily listen to the live (after you select what talk groups you want to monitor) as you can recorded transmissions. The recorded transmissions are the big benefit because you can easily go back and listen to the transmissions from a fire overnight, yesterday or whenever.

nfdcanman

You can just as easily listen to the live (after you select what talk groups you want to monitor) as you can recorded transmissions. The recorded transmissions are the big benefit because you can easily go back and listen to the transmissions from a fire overnight, yesterday or whenever.
finally figured it out!

thank you

Signal73

According to the Boss, the All Boro Feed (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island) is down and he is working on it.

The rest are working.
Sounds good. Will keep an eye out for when that one is ready

Signal73

I wonder why this certain feeds stays down longer than the other ones. Is it the most used one? Most less used one? Different connection?

Last edited:

francon5020

Thanks to tcu712 for the heads-up on the added site (openmhz) until the FDNY All Borough feed gets back up! Yes, the transmission sounds great, only thing is (and this might be due to my phone as it's new and I'm not familiar with it yet), but it shuts off the site when there's no activity! Bummer. I'm looking into it, but, great find...thanks again tcu712.

Signal73

The rest are working.
Feed needs a new server according to the LT

Thanks to tcu712 for the heads-up on the added site (openmhz) until the FDNY All Borough feed gets back up! Yes, the transmission sounds great, only thing is (and this might be due to my phone as it's new and I'm not familiar with it yet), but it shuts off the site when there's no activity! Bummer. I'm looking into it, but, great find...thanks again tcu712.
The same thing happened to me. I have an I-Phone. You can solve the problem by going into Settings, Display & Brightness, and turn the Auto-Lock off. You probably have it set to time out your screen in a minute or so. Turning it off will leave your screen on and the scanner active. When you're not listening you may want to go back in and reset the Auto-Lock to 30 seconds or 1 minute to save your battery.