B-9,10,7
D-3
RB,SB
FC-1
H.R-2
Command Tac
Rac-1

Extra 2 Trucks @ 17:35  Ladder 24 & Tower Ladder 13

Turned out to be a 25X50 piece of window and molding that fell from a penthouse and struck the side of the building numerous times on the way down.

Thank you FDNY150 for the continuous up to date info on incidents.

No jumpers. Although initial reports were of an explosion. Subsequent reports brought on the reported jumpers. First arriving units gave the 10-77, a 10-60 was anticipated. The Collapse Unit was started out just in case on the reports we were getting.

yeah heard the initial dispatch myself,sounded like a lot more then it was. I think it was the rescue battalion who asked if a second rescue and squad was needed but dispatch held off on it. Only reason I ask about jumpers was why would there be any if there was no fire.

Because people panic. I remember my first 10-45. Fire was on the 20th floor of a 22 story MD, this fella was on the floor above and his apartment got smoked up pretty bad. He jumped. Another one I remember was going out on his terrace, tried to scale down to the terrace below, and slipped. 12 stories straight down.

I was working 51Eddie in Jamaica in 1998 when dispatched to Sutphin Ave for the 10-75. Was a BLS unit at that time. Was just turning dark when dispatched and was summer. When almost 84 when advised that PD requesting a "rush on the bus". Parked near the corner and loaded up the cot and began the walk to the scene. There was something not right about this fire, no fire visible, smelled like food on the stove, no more sirens, no breaking windows,etc... But there was lots of screaming and commotion to Side 2 of the bldg. When run/fast walked around the corner, noticed NYPD pulling back very upset residents, then there was a circle of Firefighter's in the grass. They parted when saw us. Out of now where was a young child, was 4. Apparently there was a small food on stove fire on the 3rd flr. People began screaming "Fuego" (fire in Spanish), a mother on the 4th floor, who was besides herself, decided to try to hold her child by the arms and drop to Good Samaritan's on the ground. Apparently the child hit off the shoulder of 1 Young man and struck the pavement. Wasn't the fact that child was DOA that was terrible upsetting, more the way he died, so obvious head trauma, was never even worked, sheet was put over and the residents went insane. We tried to attend to the mother which was a lost cause. Just a shame that mom thought she was doing the right thing and was so close, hit the guy in the shoulder.Figured that would of been enough to break the fall, but head hit concrete to hard. Apparently there was never even smoke on the 4th floor. I will always remember that 1 horrible call and everytime dispatched to a fire it's hard not to think "please never again".
RD