6/6/21: Norwich, CT - 2 Alarm structure fire

Norwich FD responded to a structure fire at 48 Roath Street. Second alarm transmitted. Fire spread to adjoining house with fire in the attic.

Could be: Engine 3, Squad A, Tower Ladder 1, Engine 2 on the box. I imagine some of the Norwich Volunteer department also responded. Heard that units from North Stonington FD also responded.

Should be in Uncle Wilfred's first due area; he may have been eating a Big Mac and missed the action.

13:29 hrs

Numerous calls for a fire at 48 Roath St

Engine 2, Squad "A", Engine 3, Truck 1, Battalion 1

Additional info - reporting two people trapped on the second floor

13:31 (?) - Engine 2, 10-84 building fully involved with live wires down in the street. (I believe the fire building is a 2 1/2 story frame 20 x 60 ?)

!3:32 - Battalion 1 10-84 transmit a second alarm.

Second Alarm Companies:
Taftville Vol Dept - Engine 21 and TL 25
Yantic Vol Dept - Engine 33
Occum Vol Dept - Engine 41
East Great Plains Vol Dept - Rescue 5 and Ladder 5
Laurel Hill Vol Dept - Engine 62

Mohegan Tribal Fire Dept - FAST Co

13:35 (?) - Battalion 1 - 3rd Alarm transmitted but have companies relocate to Norwich Fire Headquarters

Additional FAST Co
New London Fire Dept - Ladder 25 (?)

Norwich Fire Marshalls Responding - Q135 and Q136

Additional FAST Co - Sub Base Fire Dept from Groton.

15:45 Hours - Battalion 1 places fire under control having 3rd alarm companies come to the scene for relief.
Also Canteen 1 from Providence, RI area (Warwick RI) enroute.

No further details at this time.

A lot of fire to pull up to only having 12 personnel plus a battalion chief. The original fire building I believe was a two and a half wood frame multi family. This is a typical fire for Norwich and exposures and overhead wires always are a issue. But as always the Norwich brothers and sisters kicked ass. It was my honor to serve 27 years on that department and consider them to be the best at what they do.