7/25/2013: Norwich, CT Flooding

johnd248

Norwich, Ct, home to the infamous Willy D, suffered serious flooding on 7/25 when over 5 inches of rain fell in a short period of time.  Roads were closed, basements flooded, etc.  Hope Willy D is okay.  He could have been trapped in a McDonalds for hours.

nfd2004

I have a picture that was taken about two miles from the Willy D homestead. I have passed it on to "fdny1075k" and I hope he will post it for me.

grumpy grizzly

Grumpy grizzly says it pains me to see a member suffer. 15 years ago, heavy rains, massive flooding, we had 2 feet in our basement, lost tons of fire history. Boston and Chicago, down the drain. It bothers me that because of my actions a lot of Boston and Chicago was lost. PROTECT IT.

nfd2004

Thank you Emmett for posting that photo for me. Actually, I didn't take that photo but it was passed onto me by another firefighter from the New London, Ct Fire Dept who goes by the name of "RatPack".

At the time of this flooding I was safe in the South Bronx and Harlem as site member "Bxboro" invited me to join him for the trip.

Grump, I was very lucky and had no damage. And once again, our good friend, the guy from Brooklyn, NY who calls himself "Johnd248" was wrong. I was never trapped in a McDonalds. And despite this false claim, I still call him a good guy and a good friend.

fdce54

nfd2004 said:
Thank you Emmett for posting that photo for me. Actually, I didn't take that photo but it was passed onto me by another firefighter from the New London, Ct Fire Dept who goes by the name of "RatPack".

At the time of this flooding I was safe in the South Bronx and Harlem as site member "Bxboro" invited me to join him for the trip.

Grump, I was very lucky and had no damage. And once again, our good friend, the guy from Brooklyn, NY who calls himself "Johnd248" was wrong. I was never trapped in a McDonalds. And despite this false claim, I still call him a good guy and a good friend.
Were you trapped in P & K's?

nfd2004

fdce54 said:
nfd2004 said:

Were you trapped in P & K's?

I wasn't trapped in P & K's although I wish I was.

Actually, with little or no rain in the Bronx that day it was the perfect time for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in Crotona Park. Maybe that's a good idea for our next get together. Getting near that time to start thinking about it.

A little Bronx buffing and a picnic lunch in Crotona Park !

mack

Administrator
Sorry Willy D - Johnd248 was right. Picture of Willy D trapped in Norwich McDonalds during flood with friends trying to extricate:

nfd2004

Can't get away with much these days. Those security cameras don't lie.

But what's so funny or great about that ?

nfd2004

Also seen in the McDonalds security photo is NYCFIRE site members; "CFDMarshall", "JBendick", "fdce54", and site owner "TBendick".

nfd2004

CFDMarshal said:
I deny any knowledge or involvement with the aforementioned people! 8) :p

"CF"....if I got caught, admit it, you did too. Those cameras where there and saw you besides the others. "We all got caught". Accept it just as I have.

And while we are at it, many on here are not aware that "you are a man of the cloth". Besides being a fire marshall in Tenn, both myself and Brother "fdce54" have recieved your blessings. Perhaps some on here don't really quite understand. But as you say there Brother "CFD", some things in life we will not understand, but must accept as the word.