9/26/19 Award for Ferrara Super Pumper

BCR

Appears DCAS has awarded Ferrara a contract to build FDNY a ?Super Pumper? anyone have any further details on specs or how it will be utilized?

It's Ferrara's generic Super Pumper. 

It's Ferrara's 5500gpm industrial pumper. More info here:  https://www.ferrarafire.com/category/inundator-super-pumper/

Now we can begin speculating on who will get this piece.  E207, the engine company paired with the original Super Pumper when it was disbanded in July, 1975?

CVILLE 7111 said:
Now we can begin speculating on who will get this piece.  E207, the engine company paired with the original Super Pumper when it was disbanded in July, 1975?

A one  be tellin me that they making that a special station with other specialized apparatus at it as well.

Bulldog

Bulldog
They will probably build a new station to house it and the new 300' Bronto TL! ;D

Does anyone have or seen the specs/drawings for it yet? I know the Ferrara Super Pumper. Also any word on them getting 1 or 2 Brontos?

Does anyone have images of the satellites Operating at any box in the last 10 years ? The reason I ask is because for the money they are seriously under utilized. I have seen several jobs where they could have made an impact , but just sat there. Why?  5 Units ? 

tperez102 said:
Does anyone have images of the satellites Operating at any box in the last 10 years ? The reason I ask is because for the money they are seriously under utilized. I have seen several jobs where they could have made an impact , but just sat there. Why?  5 Units ?

How do you mean "operating"? I've seen them dozens of times in person and in videos setting up manifolds or stretching large diameter supply line at big jobs. Anyway, even if they aren't as frequently used as other units, the apparatus is relatively cheap, with no pump, stick, or platform. They're pretty much a hose wagon with some extra gear suited to delivering big water to big fires. They also aren't manned, so as FDNY units go, they don't cost much at all.

Hi Bk I guess what I mean is using that Huge Deck Gun or Deluge Gun . I remember the Satellites operating at the Brooklyn Navy Job Multiple , it got so hot there the stream Did not reach the buildings. But not much since.

tperez102 said:
Hi Bk I guess what I mean is using that Huge Deck Gun or Deluge Gun . I remember the Satellites operating at the Brooklyn Navy Job Multiple , it got so hot there the stream Did not reach the buildings. But not much since.

l knew you meant with the deck gun in use, l seldom see vids. or pics. of them in use, l don't think they are used that way very often.

Hi Guys--the last time I can remember one of the satellite deck guns being used was at the 7 alarm Brooklyn Document storage building on the the Brooklyn waterfront a few years back in some very very cold weather.there are 3 or 4 videos on You tube of the fire -also shows marine units in action...

BirdMan0010 said:
Hi Guys--the last time I can remember one of the satellite deck guns being used was at the 7 alarm Brooklyn Document storage building on the the Brooklyn waterfront a few years back in some very very cold weather.there are 3 or 4 videos on You tube of the fire -also shows marine units in action...

Yes  Birdman, thank you,  I have  seen it there in action on Majesteriums  video.  Thanks for the input though.

The most recent edition of FAJ said the industrial pumper will have a 1000 gallon foam tank and carry LDH like a Satellite. Could this be finally replacing the foam tender at Engine 238?