Badge Case

I'm looking for an old-fashioned badge case. Specifically, the type that holds just a badge/shield, no ID card and has a button closure. Very difficult to find here in central Virginia and on-line!  If somebody can point me in the right direction........Thanks!

I know the type you're talking about . . . my father carried his gold shield in one.  Trifold soft leather with a flap to mount the badge, then you folded the 2 sides over and it had a snap closure.  NOBODY uses something like that today.  Seems a badge isn't enough to identify you as a cop, sheriff or fireman . . . you've got to have a picture ID to PROVE you deserve to carry a badge.  I'd suggest you find a leather shop to custom make one for you.  There's one here in Newport News if you ever get out this way.

They are still in use i actually saw a new one on e bay this afternoon.....also try googling "United Insignia" which is in BKLYN near Metrotech.

Thanks to all!  I'd forgotten about United Insignia, having had "something" made by them in the past.  I will give them a call.

Going thru the "collection", I found a couple types of those badge cases. 

My dad carries his badge in the exact one in the picture shown and his ID in his wallet.  After 36 years and going! he keeps a $2 bill behind his badge! It's old school for sure!

Back in the late 1970s - 1980s the Quartermaster Store on Northern Blvd (or whatever it was called then) sold such cases. The case I got, quite worn now, was stamped NEW YORK FIRE DEPT inside, just below where the badge went.

68jk09:  Great info on United Insignia!  They have the cases.  The gentleman I spoke to said they only recently started carrying them again as folks have been asking for them.  Thanks again for your help!