Battalion / Division Cars

Kinda random but does anyone know what the specs are for the GMC’s as far as the trim level as well as the manufacturer of the bed cap?

The back trunk has room for two sets of gear. Not much else in terms of “gear” is carried in the battalion “rig”. Sound powered phones and a couple extra radios including the Post. Also the window blanket.
Although the clean cab concept is a good one which our job seems to be grasping more and more.

The back trunk has room for two sets of gear. Not much else in terms of “gear” is carried in the battalion “rig”. Sound powered phones and a couple extra radios including the Post. Also the window blanket.
Although the clean cab concept is a good one which our job seems to be grasping more and more.
When I was still working I cut down on a lot of the equipment carried in my BN rig (which were 2 successive Chevy Suburbans then a Ford Excursion)....the biggest being the sound powered phone system .....I designated an ENG in my BN to carry it...I had the Shops put a large box on top of the ENG & they carried it on there Rig & could be special called to any incident that required the system....although not often used having a dedicated ENG for it allowed them to be proficient in setting it up & using it as opposed to having it in the Bn Rig & grabbing any Unit to set it up & use it on the fly when it was necessary to rely on it.....a few times a year I had them bring it around the BN to MUD (Multi Unit Drills) & demonstrate the operation as well as do's & don'ts for the other Units.....this not only cleared up some space in our Rig but provided a Unit well versed in the systems operations.....the SP Phone system was the biggest space taker but I also relocated some of the smaller tools like the Maverick Hydrant....the Piercing Applicator .....& a Foam Nozzle etc to the E&T in my FH .

Last edited: