BK Dispatcher Fundraiser T-Shirt

Lebby

As some of you may have seen the Senior Member from Brooklyn C.O., Dispatcher 180 recently lost everything in a recent fire to compound matters he himself has been off the job for the last few months due to illness. In a effort to raise money, Ten Three Graphics (who currently are the official appeal company of the FDNY) has produced this T Shirt with the proceeds go to Dispatcher 180. It features a handsome version of the sign which hangs in the BX C.O. on a grey shirt. But, in a effort to get the money to him as fast as possible, all shirts must be pre-ordered by May 10th.

Steve Tellis

As some of you may have seen the Senior Member from Brooklyn C.O., Dispatcher 180 recently lost everything in a recent fire to compound matters he himself has been off the job for the last few months due to illness. In a effort to raise money, Ten Three Graphics (who currently are the official appeal company of the FDNY) has produced this T Shirt with the proceeds go to Dispatcher 180. It features a handsome version of the sign which hangs in the BX C.O. on a grey shirt. But, in a effort to get the money to him as fast as possible, all shirts must be pre-ordered by May 10th.

I'm looking forward to my new 62/32 shirt. About 75 years ago my father and I walked to their quarters....my memories of that first visit are still fresh ...the doors opened and we were welcomed in by all on duty. I was 4. Both companies are still my favorites. Quite a few years ago, my wife and I were shopping on Arthur Ave. Along with all of the companies picking up lunch was E.62. My wife said the the crew, "my husband loves you guys". My face got red as a beet, but all were very cordial. And I was in my 60's.
Next to the firehouse was Silver Motors, which sold Chrysler-Plymouth, or Ford's. Where Lasorsa Chevy is located was Argo Desoto and then Buick. Or visa-versa. On the corner of E.Gun Hill and Webster, where Mcdonalds is located, was an ESSO station, with a lube pit..the mechanic climbed into the pit, and the car drove over it.
Back to the fire department..on the first floor of our apartment building, 3502-08 Hull Ave., Norwood, The Bronx, lived Mr.Glass, FDNY, who was held in the highest esteem. Assuming he was sleeping, prior to reporting for duty, the rule was silence in the hallway.
This is part of my Bronx story. Steve

68jk09

^^^^^Very interesting history Steve Thanks.... i would think the Mr Glass you referred to was DC Dudley Glass DV*7 ?

JA290

Thank you Lebby for posting this,
Chief JK for posting the gofundme here and on the rant, and anyone else that spread the word or donated!

skiLB

I'm looking forward to my new 62/32 shirt. About 75 years ago my father and I walked to their quarters....my memories of that first visit are still fresh ...the doors opened and we were welcomed in by all on duty. I was 4. Both companies are still my favorites. Quite a few years ago, my wife and I were shopping on Arthur Ave. Along with all of the companies picking up lunch was E.62. My wife said the the crew, "my husband loves you guys". My face got red as a beet, but all were very cordial. And I was in my 60's.
Next to the firehouse was Silver Motors, which sold Chrysler-Plymouth, or Ford's. Where Lasorsa Chevy is located was Argo Desoto and then Buick. Or visa-versa. On the corner of E.Gun Hill and Webster, where Mcdonalds is located, was an ESSO station, with a lube pit..the mechanic climbed into the pit, and the car drove over it.
Back to the fire department..on the first floor of our apartment building, 3502-08 Hull Ave., Norwood, The Bronx, lived Mr.Glass, FDNY, who was held in the highest esteem. Assuming he was sleeping, prior to reporting for duty, the rule was silence in the hallway.
This is part of my Bronx story. Steve
Good stuff

Steve Tellis

Regarding Chief Glass..I will look thru the Bronx Street Directory, etc., to get an answer for you. Steve

8060rock

I thought Chief Glass (Dudley) lived in Harlem, near 69/28? I could be mistaken or he might have lived on Hull Ave. at some point.

Steve Tellis

I thought Chief Glass (Dudley) lived in Harlem, near 69/28? I could be mistaken or he might have lived on Hull Ave. at some point.
Just received my 62/32 shirt..beautifuly done. There is no place like The Bronx..Steve