Bronx 32 truck

32 Truck is running a 1999 rearmount according to fdnytrucks.com, is this still the case or has it been replaced by a new rearmount?

If it has not been replaced, i imagine they will still keep running thier old 99 rig for a few years yet before its replced, taking into consideration the economy and the slower delivery an order of ladders..

thanks for any update on 32 truck.

jarrod

FDNY150 said:
Still running the 99 RM.
Cheers i got info off site suggesting that trucks with this era of rearmount, will be running them for a prolonged time, longer than normal with several factors having an effect on this. So the likes of L32 an l24 maybe running these trucks for a couple of years yet.

jarrod

londonfireguy said:
FDNY150 said:
Still running the 99 RM.
Cheers i got info off site suggesting that trucks with this era of rearmount, will be running them for a prolonged time, longer than normal with several factors having an effect on this. So the likes of L32 an l24 maybe running these trucks for a couple of years yet.

jarrod

Do you have the reference to the site with the info?  If so, please post.

efd274 said:
That would be a nice birthday present bro!!!

it was a fellow brother FF who is also runing an old truck and was recently swapping their rig for an old spare they had, getting their rig back from the shops and thats the word. it will out live its service life, as will all rearmounts of the same era.

jarrod

I may be mistaken but I think the UFA contract has a provision that the service life of front line apparatus is not to exceed 10 years.  Obviously, there are exceptions to every "rule".

There must've been quite a few exceptions then.  The '97 and '98 engines got replaced after just over 10 years, the tower ladders still have no active replacement on schedule, and even the '94 towers ran for 12/13 years before replacement.

Does anybody know if that is really a provision of the UFA contract? While certainly a desirable goal, it would seem that there would have to be some wiggle room for a variety of reasons!!

catry said:
There must've been quite a few exceptions then.  The '97 and '98 engines got replaced after just over 10 years, the tower ladders still have no active replacement on schedule, and even the '94 towers ran for 12/13 years before replacement.

Anyone know where they are on the bid specs for new ladders and towers?

I believe in the UFOA contract there is a section regarding apparatus replacement. It is 10 years but if i understand it right is 10 years 11months the city has to replace unless they have a valid reason. Now with the current state of fiscal affairs in country i am not sure if they can use that as reason. The towers have been delayed due to aerialscope problems at seagrave. There are supposed to 13 or 14 on order with late summer or early fall for arrival. Rearmounts are not on order at this time, only hearing rumors on this.

mac8146 said:
I believe in the UFOA contract there is a section regarding apparatus replacement. It is 10 years but if i understand it right is 10 years 11months the city has to replace unless they have a valid reason. Now with the current state of fiscal affairs in country i am not sure if they can use that as reason. The towers have been delayed due to aerialscope problems at seagrave. There are supposed to 13 or 14 on order with late summer or early fall for arrival. Rearmounts are not on order at this time, only hearing rumors on this.
Rearmounts appear to be holding up better than the tower ladders.  I believe that's because towers are more complex so they have more things that can go wrong with them.

guitarman314 said:
mac8146 said:
Rearmounts appear to be holding up better than the tower ladders.  I believe that's because towers are more complex so they have more things that can go wrong with them.

Your absolutely correct.