Busiest and slowest areas for fire duty?

As a buff from CT, I'm just curious what the busiest and slowest general areas of the 5 boroughs are for fire duty presently?  (Answers could be sub-divided into each borough if that makes responses easier).  This feedback would be helpful in deciding which areas to "bum" around in the next time I venture down to buff.

I routinely view the various incidents on this forum and sometimes never see specific companies on the tickets of any fires.  (Even during multiple alarm incidents, for that matter).  A good example of this would be E-52/L-52 in the Riverdale section of the Bronx.  I know this is a very well-to-do community, so I'm assuming the fire duty in that area is pretty slow.

-Thanks!

I would recommend finding a spot where you can get to the areas of the BX covered by the 15/27/19 Battalions... Very tough to go wrong

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
If you want a good street to drive on, try the Grand Concourse. It covers the 14, 17, 19, & 27 Battalion areas.
Or near Eng 96's quarters - You have the Bruckner Expwy & also the Bronx River Pkwy at your fingertips. Not too far away is the Cross Bx Expwy.
Another good Bronx spot is on Mosholu Pkwy above Webster Ave (general area) You are in the 27th Batt area, & can head into Batt 3, 15, 18, 19, 20 area without too much trouble. Get to know the major streets & highways, which ones to use, & which ones not to use.

Just be safe & enjoy!

Everybody knows my favorite Hang Out in the Bronx. Home of the Famous Big Mac and Fries. Located at Fordham Rd and Southern Blvd.

Easy to get to the Busy 15, 18, 19, 27, Batts. Easy access to the Bronx River Parkway North and South. other N/S streets like Grand Concourse, Third, Webster Aves. Traveling East and West I like 180 St, and Pelham Pkwy (going east).

But I gotta tell ya. These guys are good. If you're not on top of it, or you get stuck in traffic, you'll only get to see the hose being picked up and the ladders being brought down. I speak from experience my friend.

nfd2004 said:
Everybody knows my favorite Hang Out in the Bronx. Home of the Famous Big Mac and Fries. Located at Fordham Rd and Southern Blvd.

Easy to get to the Busy 15, 18, 19, 27, Batts. Easy access to the Bronx River Parkway North and South. other N/S streets like Grand Concourse, Third, Webster Aves. Traveling East and West I like 180 St, and Pelham Pkwy (going east).

But I gotta tell ya. These guys are good. If you're not on top of it, or you get stuck in traffic, you'll only get to see the hose being picked up and the ladders being brought down. I speak from experience my friend.
  I have to agree with you that Fordham Rd. & Southern Blvd. is a great spot to hit all four corners of the Bronx from. Especially these days with the N.E. Bronx being so busy. ;)

Up and down the Concourse Corridor.

You hit the 17th , 19th and 27th Battalions. All have good fire duty potential.

Apparently youse guys forgod abowt Brooklyn: ya know, the Boro of Fire!!  Any visit  anywhere in the 15th division will catch work, seriously.  Youse guys from da Bronx have no clue.  LOL

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
i hate to post this bout there was a serious vehicle accident yesterday at Fordham Rd. & Southern Blvd that might have claimed two victims.

johnd248 said:
Apparently youse guys forgod abowt Brooklyn: ya know, the Boro of Fire!!  Any visit  anywhere in the 15th division will catch work, seriously.  Youse guys from da Bronx have no clue.  LOL

Don't us guys on the "Main Land" have to have a valid passport to visit youse guys in that other boro ?

johnd248 said:

John you're right, I just talked to someone in Brooklyn yesterday and was told the top five(5) Trucks in the City that responded to 10-75's or greater were in order

L157  - 139
L111
L174
L176  - 129  If I remember correctly
L120

Thanks for all the input so far guys.  It sounds like there are a couple good spots to hang around which would make navigation a bit easier.

You can't go wrong finding good guys at any stop in " The Boro of Gentlemen".  With little exception you can't find a company in either the 6th or 7th division that isn't going to work as much as the next.  It's all hit or miss.  True that you can't go wrong with the Grand Concourse.  The 14th, 17th, 19th and 27th, ect...are all terrific.  So are the rest for that matter.

Atlas said:
i hate to post this bout there was a serious vehicle accident yesterday at Fordham Rd. & Southern Blvd that might have claimed two victims.

Accident occured on Fordham Rd., just underneath of the Southern Blvd. overpass.  2 teenagers were killed..........The car was parked across the street from the 4-8 Pct. last week.........Amazing that the driver survived.  Heard he's being charged though, as speed (Obviously if you saw this car) played a part in the deaths.