Car Numbers

BCR

Anyone have an updated list of car numbers ? Everything I could find is older before they reorganized a lot of the staff chiefs.

BCR

Thanks for that list, the one that I was mainly wondering about was the rundown of the LODD list car 13C as the I/C

With Car 17 being Chief of Personnel, i'd guess 17B would be an Assistant or Deputy Assistant Chief of Personnel

I'm not sure there is a car number involved here, but does anyone know what the function of the 'Commissioner's Liaison' person(s) is. I've seen a female wearing an EMS type helmet bearing that aforementioned title front piece in several photos of scenes. What and when did that come about?

memory master said:
I'm not sure there is a car number involved here, but does anyone know what the function of the 'Commissioner's Liaison' person(s) is. I've seen a female wearing an EMS type helmet bearing that aforementioned title front piece in several photos of scenes. What and when did that come about?
There has been a Fire Commissioner Liaison since at least the mid '90s that i remember there are several designated as such w/one designated each tour as "having the duty" in the meantime they perform regular FDNY duties.....originally they were from the Fire ranks then some were Dispatchers & when Nigro became FC he brought in a Female EMS person as one of the Laison's ...basically whichever one is designated for the tour they respond to Fires & Emergencies & report to the FC from the scene advising him of goings on & whether things are escalating or not etc....at least that is the way i remember it....i knew a few guys who did it in the past.

The ones I have known have been:
a coward, a dispatcher, a good fire officer and someone you would not want on your back step

UnitWithTheUrgent said:
BCR said:
Anyone have an updated list of car numbers ? Everything I could find is older before they reorganized a lot of the staff chiefs.

Note: Car #'s 63, 63A, 63B, 63C - were all assigned to The Salvation Army Emergency Disaster Services, not sure were those triple digit numbers your listing has came from.  The 63 series had been assigned to the SA
since the 70's