Chicago

i do not have information on any fires that happened for the main frequency. all fires i have described were on the englewood frequency (south of 26th st.)

there were to more fires in the main radio area in the  Downtown Chicago area there is currently a still and box and EMS Plan 1 for 768 w. Jackson. Near engine 5's quarters. it is a 4 story hotel with business's on the 1st floor. fire on 2. heavy smoke with 1 injury to a male who was in the room fire originated (as of 21:00). Batt. 1 is Box chief, Batt. 2 is plans, Batt 3 is R.I.T. with trk 19.

also, Still Alarm fire at 29 e. Madison. 1st engine reported with smoke showing. No further report at this time (21:00)

The the difference between a Still Alarm and a Still/ Box Alarm

Here is the info you requested on still vs still and box. A still alarm is a report of a fire, smoke in the building, etc. Response is 2 engines and 2 trucks and a bat chief. If the initial report is a confirmed fire the squad company, command van, and a RIT (Rapid Intervention Team) are dispatched. RIT=FDNY FAST. That is a basic still "fire" response. A still and box can occur 1 of 2 ways. Fire alarms receives numerous calls. a high rise fire or occupany type. Or the first due company/bal chief can ask "to strike the box" The total response for a still and box are: 4 engines. 2 trucks, 1 Tower Ladder (if not assigned on the still) the squad and  command van, a deapity chief and 3 battalion chiefs. So a CFD s/b is comporable to FDNY 10-75.
If you want more info on response patterns and terminology do a search for 5-11 Club of Chicago. If you want to monitor ALL of Chicago go to Scan America, click on Illinois, click on Cook. NJOY Grumpy Grizzly ;D

RIT is 1 truck company and a batt. chief. they also dispatch 1 ambulance to the scene for any victims who may need care or if a firefighter goes down. a Field officer is sent also which is a chief for the EMS side.

Thanks for the explanation.  I always wondered what they meant.