Controversary Thread REMOVED

nfd2004

Members of Nycfire.net, perhaps some of you saw the recent topic titled: "Here is Practical Explanation About Next Life' etc., in the General Discussion section by "Dara".

The first evening that it appeared, I was contacted by one of our frequent contributors to this site asking about it's contents. I suggested to him that we just leave it alone for now and hopefully it will just pass on.

It started to get nasty and members were insulted on this web site by our new member "Dara". Other members contacted me and it was time to take some action.

The boss and owner of this site was contacted, as well as our administrator and our other moderator, "mack".

I am happy to report to the membership that topic has been removed as well as Mr "Dara".

For those who were insulted here by this individual, "we apologize to you". We do NOT tolerate that type of behavior on here.

Many of us have become good friends through this web site. Also some old friendships have been renewed through this web site.

We will do our very best to eliminate any such behavior like that from happening here in the future.

manhattan

Good work there, Bill.

Actually, considering how long The Site has been going and the large number of members, it's pretty remarkable that there haven't been more "unpleasantries" and that says an awful lot of good about the membership.

nfd2004

When contacted, Our Site Owner, FDNY Lt Tommy Bendick got right on it.

I think that's the guy we ALL really need to THANK. If NOT for him, none of us would be here.

raybrag

I've been incommunicado due to Isaias, but please be sure that I thoroughly appreciate everything you do, Loot T. 👍

wfd444

You need to eliminate political posturing on this site and non FDNY irrelevant posts they are worthless for any useful FDNY purposes...

memory master

You need to eliminate political posturing on this site and non FDNY irrelevant posts they are worthless for any useful FDNY purposes...
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the "General Discussion" thread is quite meaningful to members here. I'm not saying that it should become a political debate site but discussions of today's situations whether it's PD or Military are food for thought and response. Of course the "DooWop" segment is not FD related but is of interest to many persons here. These and a few other subjects may not be directly FDNY relevant but serve as a basis for all of us here to chime in and it is always done respectfully. We can't just confine a group of adults with vast amounts of experience from so many walks of life to just FDNY only. That would be akin to having hot dogs for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack everyday of your life. Again, no disrespect to your position wfd, just my opinion.