Couldnt have said it better brother.As we look back now, it was just about one year ago in Mid March, that ALL 50 states would report confirmed cases of the Coronavirus, aka Covid-19. It was March, 2020, a year that NONE of us will EVER forget.
As of this date, March 7, 2021 there have been over 29 million cases and over 540,000 deaths here in the USA. More deaths than in WWII, the Viet Nam War and the Iraq War put together.
Our lives would be completely changed in a few short weeks.
When this first happened we thought, Wow isn't this crazy. But we never thought things like this would happen:
1) Many families and friends would face the loss of their loved ones.
2) Our hospitals would be full and sometimes Covid patients would need to be transported to other facilities.
3) Visitors to hospitals and nursing homes would NOT be allowed to visit their friends or family members.
4) Thousands of people would loose their jobs, as places of public assembly would close down such as restaurants, theaters, bars, gyms, sports arenas, etc.
5) Even our schools would close down and for the first time ever, students would attend their classes at home using online learning.
6) Planned Vacations and travel would be cancelled or put on hold
7) Many office workers would now work from their home. Even TV News and weather personal would broadcast from their homes.
8) Families and friends who would normally visit each other were now told to stay away from each other.
9) People who had to go to work for our daily survival became known as our Frontline Workers. Not only police officers, firefighters, doctors, nurses, medics/emts utility workers, bus and transit workers, public works, but even truck drivers, delivery personnel, food and grocery service employees. All putting themselves at risk to serve us.
10) For a time it was difficult to even get toilet paper. But sales of mask and hand sanitizers skyrocketed.
11) The 1,000 bed U.S. Navy Medical Ship called "The Comfort" would be docked in NYC to treat Covid patients. While the U.S. Navy Ship "The Mercy" would dock in Los Angeles.
12) Even annual parades had no viewers along the parade sidelines
13) Military-style field hospitals would be set up throughout various parts of the country
14) Covid testing sites would also be set up throughout our country.
Dr Fauci would become a common household name. He would advise us to wash our hands frequently, keep our distance and wear a mask. Suddenly it wasn't only the bank robbers who were wearing a mask.
These days about 18 % of the population here in the U.S. has had at least One Covid shot. While about 9.5 % have had BOTH.
The year 2020 will be remembered as the year we all want to FORGET.